Ping Leon

Here's some pics of the barn tools. I had forgotten, there's a Powermatic planer against the back wall, also. The 12 X 12 posts, near the RAS and Unisaw, supports the I-beam. A bit of the lumber cache, also.
The jointer pics are of the Cresent, in New Iberia, that Hub had sent me. That Northfield, in Dallas, that's the pics you had seen. I didn't go to Dallas, to look at it.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/
Sonny
On 8/9/2016 8:28 AM, Sonny wrote:

Thank you, that is quite a layout. I wish my stash of lumber was as big as yours. :!)
I had a Craftsman RAS like yours many years ago. I originally bought it in 1979 and kept it until about 1987. I bought a Craftsman TS in 1983 and never again used the RAS. And then replaced the Craftsman TS with a Jet cabinet saw in 1999 and replaced that with the ISO SawStop about 3 years ago.

I saw a piece on the Northfield foundry in youtube several months ago. IIRC they are more into refurbishing old equipment these days.
On Tuesday, August 9, 2016 at 9:23:42 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

Those tools belong to Jonas, not me. The 3-wheeler is his, also. He like s repairing those sorts of things. I'm not so mechanically inclined.
That area looks clean, now. It wasn't too long ago, he and his son cleane d up that area.... part of the task of making room and installing that larg e cabinet, behind the RAS.

When considering buying the Dallas Northfield, I had contacted Northfield f or a history of that jointer. Northfield is still in business, unlike oth er old machine manufacturers. They have the record of production date, spe cs, and where it's been (owner's name, also), since it left the factory. Yep, parts are still available for many, if not all, those older machines.
Sonny