penofin: smell and cure time

Hi all,
I've never posted to this group before. I need an expert opinion on the Penofin oil finish. I rent a cottage with wood siding which my landlord has recently coated with Penofin on all sides (the deep penetrating Brazilian Rosewood version - I read the labels on the cans). It's been almost a week, but the irritating smell inside and outside does not seem to go away (smells like dead fish to me). Just how long does this thing take to cure to the point of no smell? Is considered safe to live in a house coated with Penofin? There seems to be no way to ventilate: when one opens a window the smell from the walls goes right in.
Thank you in advance!
On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 22:00:23 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Have your landlord switch homes with you for a few weeks. That Penofin is good stuff but comes with an afterodor that will take a while to go away. I imagine in high humidity it will take even longer. Good luck. Take a 2 week vacation.

Thank you, Roy. Damn Penofin. I can also setup a temporary duct with a fan to suck air from an area ~100 yards from the house to provide ventilation. I also found an alternative place to sleep overnight. Fortunately I am in the Bay Area, so the humidity is about 50%.
On Jul 23, 11:02 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

...I also set up a carbon filter in the bedroom, which has eliminated the smell at least where I sleep
I use Penofin on my deck and it will take about 2 weeks to cure if the temperature is around 70F. If I manage to hit the few days we have temps around 90F it will cure in 2-3 days. Art

Anybody know what stores in the Toronto, Canada area sell Penofin? Went to my local borg and they never heard of it.
Upscale wrote:

    Exotic Woods Inc.      Burlington, ON     Read's Decorating Centre     Elmira, ON     Trans Canada Wood Products Ltd     Innisfil, ON     Truax TIM-BR Mart      Kingsville, ON     Lumberville      Milton, ON     Cooksville Lumber Co.      Mississauga, ON     Dixie Paint and Paper      Mississauga, ON     Monarch Paints      North York, ON     Creative Decks and Fences     Oldcastle, ON     McNabb Home Building Center     Parry Sound, ON     Port Elgin Home Hardware     Port Elgin, ON     Fairway Lumber Company      St. Jacobs, ON     Maple Paints & Wallpaper     Toronto, ON     Reingewirtz Paint Store Ltd.     Toronto, ON     CDF Lumber      Windsor, ON
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA