Penn state cyclone or jet Canister

I have gathered most of the information needed to make an informed decision via a google search. I am about at the point where SWMBO is going to sign off on Dust Collection for my shop. My space is very lmited(in fact I have no idea where I would put it). I was originally looking at that new Jet 2HP canister dust collector. But the Penn State Cyclone 2HP is an option as well.

Can someone sway me in one direction or the other

hda

Tools requiring dust collection Powermatic 66 Table Saw Delta DJ-20 - Jointer Dewalt DW733 Planer Craftsman Pro 12" Drill Press Craftsman Pro 22" Scrtoll Saw

Misc sanding and portable cutting tools

Next purchase after dust collection is a bandsaw

Reply to
A.I.

A.I. wrote: : I have gathered most of the information needed to make an informed decision : via a google search. I am about at the point where SWMBO is going to sign : off on Dust Collection for my shop. My space is very lmited(in fact I have : no idea where I would put it). I was originally looking at that new Jet 2HP : canister dust collector. But the Penn State Cyclone 2HP is an option as : well.

The problem with the Jet is that the filter is not rated to remove the really fine particles that are hazardous to your lungs. I don't know what they Penn State used for a filter, but make sure to get one that filters down to the sub-micron level.

-- Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss