Panel Edge Glue-ups Without Jointing?

Page 3 of 4

How rude of me...
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/TrueMatch.jpg
http://www.whitesiderouterbits.is.com/Solid_Surface_Router_Bits.aspx

*coughs*..
we try
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/TrueMatch.jpg
On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 10:45:53 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Purty cool, ensuring flatness while mating. What's the process to set up the offset?
-- Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. -- Howard Thurman

The base has the offset. Half of it is .125 higher.
On 10/12/2010 6:17 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Makes me want to go find some solid surface material to play with. I'm sure I can find a use for this somewhere down the line ... an answer looking for a question.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 10/12/10 6:21 PM, Swingman wrote:

That's the urge I'm trying to resist. :-)
--

-MIKE-

On 10/12/2010 6:23 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

An elegant solution has an allure of its own ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

what??? you scaredycat?
On 10/12/10 6:40 PM, Robatoy wrote:

No. :-) I'm schedule bound.
--

-MIKE-

schedule schmedule
On 10/12/2010 6:23 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

A solution looking for a problem. I get those a lot. :-)
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.

But but but it works for everything. I have taken a 4x8 sheet of cherry veneer and cut it crosswise into 3 pieces and wavybitted the three pieces together to face a sit-down bar. You can see that on my old website www.topworks.ca

Flatness while mating. Isn't that what they used to call the Methodist position?
Max
On 10/12/10 12:35 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Oh crap. Go away, would you!?
--

-MIKE-

Well, Mike.... I have glued up, end-to-end panels of justabout any veneered panels with the kind of results that made me a believer in a hurry. Hundreds of them. (YES, Robert....hundreds) The fact that is a solid surface joining technique doesn't make it less effective with anything else. It levels, extends the glue line (a half inch panel becomes a 5/8" wide glue line) and when using a proper fence, you get that perfect edge time and time gain. It works, dammit.
On 10/12/10 1:01 PM, Robatoy wrote:

I'm intrigued, believe me. I see that Freud has one, too. I'm still having trouble finding a link to the "base" that I assume gets you a perfect offset in height between the left and right pieces to be joined.
--

-MIKE-

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2elob3u
That wavy bit router base is available for $ 46.00. That and the bit will give you a system that will make you slap your forehead. BUT
there are a couple of tricks which make it even better.

3 sections glued together my way.
http://topworks.ca/Resources/Kitchen-2.jpg
On 10/12/10 1:20 PM, Robatoy wrote:

--

-MIKE-

Hard to explain, I need to draw that up for you.... maybe not. You want the upside seam to be vertical, not on any tangent of that 1/8".