Painting a teak dresser?

Greetings:
I have a teak dresser which I am hoping to match to other wenge furniture. Should I paint it? Stain it? Or forget about the whole idea?
Thanks. Ariela
Teak is an oily wood and will not take paint well.
I suggest charring it with a propane torch.

My neighbor painted the teak mantel in his house. We shot him and the horse he rode in on.
Dick "Big Six" Durbin