OT: What is the right choice of beer for watching the Superbowl?

Page 2 of 3
Robatoy wrote:

What beer? There was beer in that picture?

Rob Leatham
On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 20:03:25 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy

I did. I'll have 25 years of sobriety on July 10th, 2010.
-- In order that people may be happy in their work, these three things are needed: They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And they must have a sense of success in it. -- John Ruskin, Pre-Raphaelitism, 1850

Congratulations! That's quite a milestone.
Larry Jaques wrote:

Congrats!
It's also my daughter's birthday.
Lew
On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 20:09:51 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy

Thanks, but save it for July 10th, when I've made it. (chickens / hatch)
-- It's a great life...once you weaken. --author James Hogan

This one, if you can still find it: Pour into a mug while cold, but allow to warm to 45-50 degrees F before enjoying. Their Octoberfest is also superb, but impossible to find this time of year.
http://www.saintarnold.com/beers/christmas.html
Regards, Roy .... who will be cracking a homebrew or two during the Superbowl.

I saw their BOCK on the shelf at Kroger.
--
Dave in Houston
flickr :: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nuwave_dave /

St. Arnolds makes darn good beer. I like their IPA best of the regular flavors. That was my benchmark for homebrew IPA's. I never have gotten it quite right in over a dozen tries. Close, but no cigar.
Randalls out here (359 & Plantation) in Richmond still has some of the Christmas Ale in the store. I bought a case earlier to stock the garage fridge for SWMBO. She only sips one or two a month on special occasions, but it still tastes fresh for at least a year if kept cold and in the dark.
"Robatoy" wrote:

Anything from Budweiser, Millers or Coors gets shit canned.
After that, if it's cold and supplied by others, you are good to go.
As far as the sweeties, check with your grandson.
Lew

No grandkids yet.
"Robatoy" wrote:

See what you have to look forward to.
Lew

Are you suggesting that the blonde would be too old for me?
"Robatoy" wrote:

Possible.
Lew

.... and you would pass up the opportunity to tap that, eh?
"Robatoy" wrote:
.... and you would pass up the opportunity to tap that, eh?
What I would choose to do is not relevant.
Lew
On Fri, 05 Feb 2010 18:10:18 -0800, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Hmmmph! Not unless it's dark - Black Butte, Moose Drool, Guiness, even Newcastle or Dos Equis dark if I'm desparate.

"Larry Blanchard" wrote:

--------------------------- Picky Picky.
Lew
Larry Blanchard wrote:

Every try Old Rasputin?

I love this one:
<http://www.blacksheepbrewery.com/Beers/BottledBeers/HolyGrail.aspx
"Tempered over burning witches!"
"Dave Balderstone" wrote:

----------------------------------------- Back in the days of old, there was Iron City Beer from Pittsburgh.
At Christmas time, they offered "Old Frothingslosh", the pale stale ale with the foam on the bottom.
Even had a group of young ladies who vied for the title of "Miss Frothingslosh."
Her picture, in full dress, was on the label.
Typically, she had a girth that exceeded her height.
Stuff still tasted like Iron City, but what the heck.
Lew