OT: We The People...

In news:FdidnWcovKE0tc7RnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com, Ed Pawlowski spewed forth:

yea but, your suppose to FEEL good when your driving it

Reply to
ChairMan

I do see a little problem hiding in there somewhere. Nah, zeros mean nothing.

Reply to
krw

$3000? It's $7500!

Reply to
krw

The 'stupid' 40 mile is based on the 'average' distance of US families. Driving to/from work so they say.

I find that short sighted. I also find the price high. I also must point out the battery is theirs not yours after you buy it.

So where is the price ? - big expensive engine and gas tank - lines... Battery - and such. Trade that in on a motor and battery. I think there is a massive savings. Why is the price high ? Hum.

Questionable pricing for high volume they are wishing for.

I'd have to have hookups all over town and at stores and such. One doesn't want to get down to 5 miles and have 7 to go. Can't run to the gas station for a gallon...

Mart> Mark & Juanita wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote

The Volt has a near 300 mile range if you use gas. Other than that, everything else about the car sucks.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

And thats before they add on a trillion taxes to the electric bills to make up for all the lost taxes from oil.

Reply to
Jack Stein

Yes, he gives you $7,500 with one hand and charges you $42,000 with the other. I was talking about a free car, firing up the printing presses and paying you $3000 to own one. Like, charging you $42,000 with one hand and giving you $45,000 with the other. That should help Nissan, Toyota and Ford sell some stuff:-)

Reply to
Jack Stein

It has a lawn mower engine as a back up that runs on premium gas... For 42 grand, you would think they could put a solar panel on the roof.

Reply to
Jack Stein

I think the main suckie thing is the batteries cost a ton and will probably not last long enough for my tastes. Plus, my guess is IF everyone in the US bought one, electricity taxes would rocket to the moon. That would result in solar chargers proliferating to beat the taxes, which would result in the government, who will own everything by then, charging even more for batteries that last for shorter, and shorter periods of usage.

Reply to
Jack Stein

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 17:37:27 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote the following:

I have a feeling that you'll be owing lots and lots of monitors and keyboard after that one, Ed. Two points!

-- I'm thinking of getting an old Prius and putting it up on blocks in the front yard so I can be a greenredneck. --Ed P. on the Wreck, 07/2010

Reply to
Larry Jaques

The Volt is nothing more than a hybrid that can be charged from the wall. That doesn't excuse the absurd price, though.

Reply to
krw

And light bulbs, for night time use. ;-)

Reply to
krw

: "Mark & Juanita" wrote :>

:> Oh, but you get to feel so morally superior to all those other drivers on :> the road. *That* should be worth it, shouldn't it? I mean, don't you :> *care* about our planet or are you just looking at the bottom line? :> [For the humor impaired, that was sarcasm].

: I'm thinking of getting an old Prius and putting it up on blocks in the : front yard so I can be a greenredneck

Or, take out the batteries and retrofit it with one of these:

pair of fuzzy dice on the mirror and you're all set!

-- Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss

At only half the cost of the original car, that's a bargain. Imagine the fun to be had with that. A modern equivalent of:

Nah, those have been replaced by CD's on string.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Well it has an engine that charges a battery and the battery runs the car. That helps really - maybe AAA can help you or another breakdown helper with a can of gas.

Mart>

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn