OT: We The People...

Gordon Shumway

Gordon Shumway wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Bullshit

Reply to
Han

Did they let out all the brain damaged patients out of the hospitals? This is rubbish.

Len

Reply to
lennn99

Of course it is. I have to wonder how many of the tea partiers are collecting Social Security benefits and Medicare services while screaming about government spending. I see a lot of gray hair in videos of their meetings :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

??

IOW, if you made the _mandatory_ contributions to these programs during your working years you should somehow be ashamed of collecting benefits because of "government spending"?

What a non liberal concept ...

Reply to
Swingman

They've paid in all their lives, why shouldn't they? Had the had the choice

*very* few would. I *certainly* wouldn't. Medicare also has a special place in everyone's heart. The government has made it pretty much mandatory.
Reply to
krw

IIRC the government should not be touching SS and Medicare at all except to pay it back to those that have paid into it. The fact that government is stealing from the SS and Medicare to pay its other debts is exactly what's wrong with government.

Reply to
Leon

I don't agree with all that was said, but "We The People" should be speaking out about some of the things the government is doing. The members of congress no longer think of what is good for the USA. It now a matter of how much can I get for my state and myself. Governing the USA is a thing of the past in Congress nowadays. I'll vote party line or I'll vote for your bill if you vote for mine. Whether the bill is good or bad is no longer a part of the outlook.

Paul T.

Reply to
Paul T.

Not only that, you forfeit your rights as a citizen!

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

The ONLY think that is part of their outlook is "What do I have to say to get re-elected?"

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

They already borrowed the money they are now not wanting to pay it back. they took all the cash (the crash) and gave us there debt (the bailout). We need more tax cuts for the wealthy , oh please trickle down please ,else I'm going to have to eat talking points, taste like chicken.

Reply to
Rusty

The same ones that are screaming about government-controlled healthcare . . . "BUT DON'T TOUCH MY MEDICARE!"

Dave in Houston

Reply to
Dave in Texas

So you are in favor of expanding statism stifling freedom?

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Yea, the same ones that know how screwed they are getting now with Medicare(which *they* paid for), know how *screwed* that are going to get on obamacare. If obama was concerned about the uninsured, why didn't he just start by taking care of them and let the people that are happy and satisfied with what they currently have alone. Best of both worlds, but that leaves people with *choice*, something this administration doesn't like you to have.

Reply to
ChairMan

I think that's called "the Public Option" with emphasis on "OPTION." To my way of thinking it means one can opt out and continue with their private insurance; choice(s). Win-win deal.

Dave in Houston

Reply to
Dave in Texas

Come on, Mark, list for us your freedoms that have been stifled? How's your Medicare working for you, BTW?

Dave in Houston

Reply to
Dave in Texas

Well, if the President has his way, freedom to pass unhindered from Mexico to Arizona will be compromised.

And Medicare is an insurance program with premiums paid and claims processed.

Reply to
HeyBub

There are many problems with your analysis. "They" have no money to "pay it back with". SS money wasn't "borrowed", no matter what the cooked books say. I was simply a tax. Now that it's in the hole it's no longer useful to the lefties.

BTW, the "Bush tax cuts" were *not* "tax cuts for the wealthy" (who pays almost all taxes, anyway). They were tax cuts for everyone who paid taxes which, unfortunately, is only half the population.

Reply to
keithw86

Since they have no choice, I find your attitude a little odd.

Reply to
keithw86

Yes, it is. And recently it has been referred to as being like a Public Option. Thanks, Mark.

Dave in Houston

Reply to
Dave in Texas