OT / subversive

Page 4 of 4

My dad has stories of using that drip gas in Oklahoma when he was a kid. One included spending the nights at a well to keep an eye on it and having to start up some of the pumps on a cold night. Pull the spark plug out and heat it up with a lit match, screw it back in real quick and start cranking. I have used the match trick on several occasions on some of my 2 stroke yard tools.
Somebody wrote:
> All the discount chains get their fuel from one of the major refineries.
Hate to burst anybodies bubble but as long as the gasoline of a designated grade meets the (R+M)/2 spec, it's the same stuff.
Were are dealing with a price sensitive commodity here.
BTW, try to find a test stand that can run the (R+M)/2 test.
The one I used was on it's last legs, and that was almost 50 years ago.
Lew
I have quite a few of these cards and they save me some bucks. I signed up for them using a bogus name, address, etc. Different name every time. Track away. I don't care.
Art

WoodButcher wrote:

Maybe it's run differently in other parts of the country but all the cards I've gotten were mailed to the house ... not issued in the store.
At any rate, I didn't think I'd get much traction, but I figured I'd at least raise the issue.
Back to woodworking. I posted some bowls, candlesticks and a pen tonight. Not that any one here is a likely customer. And I found an acceptable public domain icon for the category.
Bill
--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube