OT (Somewhat): Why do some of you insist on NOT archiving posts?

There's a setting to NOT archive your posts to newsgroups, which I don't understand. You really screw up searching and threading when one searches for an old topic. We end up getting someone's reply, but if it's insufficiently quoted, we have no clue as to what the reply is to.
On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:26:39 -0800, Larry Bud wrote:

It's generally people who get their panties in a twist because someone (primarily Google now) is making money from their Usenet contributions. Some do it so that they can make absurd predictions in sports ngs and not get called on it later...
--
Joe Wells

What setting, where? What newsreader are you using? Archiving a post is something on your local machine, not on the newsserver side of things (unless, I suppose, you're using Google to browse the groups, which is really not a great way to browse Usenet anyway).

wrong wrong wrong
"X-No-Archive:yes"
look it up learn think before you try to give advice about something you know little or nothing about.

I've seen that in headers before. Assuming one is using Outlook Express, how do you put it there?
(This is both a question and a test post to see if I stumbled on the right place to put it.)
TIA, George

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22x-no-archive%22+%22outlook+express%22
Nope. Try alt.test (or one of the other groups in the alt.test. hierarchy) until you get it.

This is a test as well to see if both of our posts are archived by google...its only a test...if it were the real thing I am sure somebody would have had their eye poked out or something.
Actually if we were to include some idiotic rant about politics or Social Security I believe this would be an acceptable way to test as those topis are considered appropriate in this group.
It should work fine where it is.. you could also include it as the first line of the message.