OT Rant

Forgive me for being dense, Ed - but would you please clarify who "they" are and the relevance of this fictional work to the real events being discussed?

Reply to
Morris Dovey

I think he may be referring to the movie 2012 and the director's decision to avoid furthering already rampant anti-Muslim sentiment. Good thing it's not about the Crusades... those peace loving military expeditions which exterminated Muslims in the name of Christianity.

Oy Vey!

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

The "they" is the movie producers. It has to do with the political correctness discussed in the Muslim situation. The producers find it OK to destroy everything the rest of the world holds sacred, but will not touch the Muslim temple. They fear a fatwa. If we are going to fictionally destroy everything, Muslims should not be held to a different standard.

The link is from Yahoo and is on my work computer history. I don't see it here.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

... flying so low they'll be barbequing chickens in the barnyard!

Reply to
LDosser

Take it over with what?

Reply to
LDosser

On Sun, 8 Nov 2009 11:10:22 -0600, the infamous "Leon" scrawled the following:

painted rocks, religious candles, balloons, and other crappy memorials all over the sides of the freeway and the roadsides here, both in and out of town. Why can't those people go to the damned cemetary and worship/curse/pray/memorialize there, instead?

-- The Smart Person learns from his mistakes. The Wise Person learns from the mistakes of others. And then there are all the rest of us...

Larry Jaques

I think sometimes, seeing such things by the roadside, is a reminder to other drivers to take more care. Non of us is indestructible though some, especially motorcyclists, seem to think they are.

Reply to
Stuart

Maybe there should be an addendum line

"As long as it doesn't take away my right to benefit somewhere along the line"

Reply to
upscale

True. I'm one of them. With an aggressive riding style and attitude to boot. I like the freedom. Always had a bike, - cruisers mostly - first bike was a WLA Harley. (Pig of a thing.) My philosophy is that if I ever wake up injured in a hospital from a motorcycle accident, then I simply wasn't going fast enough at the time. ; )

diggerop

Reply to
diggerop

Does the armed forces have a death penalty on conviction available? Does the fact that the US is in Iraq mean that this is war time under war rules? Good chance he'll end up being dead anyway. Certainly if he's imprisoned instead of executed, he'll have to be segregated. I'm sure other convicts would be lining up to break his neck and not give it a second thought.

Reply to
upscale

I sincerely hope you are right. Time, as always, will tell.

diggerop

Reply to
diggerop

Every now and then I remind myself "you want to die on this bike, not in bed of cancer like your parents".

Reply to
J. Clarke

Still, gotta admire his patriotism and support of his country. Can't say the same things about Canada, except that we might be able to scare down a few local uprisings.

Reply to
upscale

I'm sure you're right, but the bigger problem is that deciding what's a threat and what isn't is not an exact science. And, even if it was, digging deep enough with every person who displayed the occasional symptoms to indicate trouble would mean thousands and thousands of examinations with only a few of them bearing fruit. ~ Not a likely scenario. Too much manpower needed.

Reply to
upscale

You could well be right. If we survive this human experiment, and especially if we don't, it will all be over one day. The grim reaper waits for us all. I'm beginning to have serious doubts about the ability of mankind to ever deal with life and love in a serious, productive manner. It's all looking like a pipe dream. Now where did I park that bike...

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

Hey, move to Atlanta (or Baltimore) when you get the news of incurable disease, you'll get taken out in no time...

Like a fool I sold mine for nothing after moving there - then looked at the prices a few months later when deciding to leave. Ouch!

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

Well, so long as you don't take somebody else out at the same time >-\

Trouble is, everytime some biker wraps himself round a tree in this neck of the woods, they lower the speed limit and put in cameras so the rest of us get hammered. Some limits now are stupidly low.

Reply to
Stuart

I was wondering when the local clown would show up. Guess he's not available anymore since he prefers to be an asshole instead.

Got any woodworking content to contribute this time fool? It's going on three years now waiting for you to contribute *anything* in the realm of woodworking.

Enjoy!

Reply to
upscale

Jack has little regard as to how anyone is targeted, just as long as it isn't him.

Reply to
upscale

On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 06:28:55 -0500, the infamous snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com scrawled the following:

That doesn't change the potential costs nor the lengthy trials and endless appeals mandated by our court systems, though it might be cheaper in the military courts. I had forgotten that aspect of it, it happens so seldom. Suicides are the soldiers' forte.

Instant karma works for me, but he'll be put into a psych facility, not a regular prison. You _know_ that, don't you? I mean, nice, sane poeple don't kill masses of people, do they?