OT Rant

The rest of the world wouldn't care.

Reply to
LDosser

We are 20 times the size of Iraq. You'll never find any of us...LOL Besides, you'll ruin yourselves from within long before that happens.

Also... The Meek shall inherit the earth...the meek.. that's us.

You're confusing yourself with the French and Italians. :)

Reply to
LDosser

That was the wife ...

Reply to
LDosser

IOW, same old, same old ...

Reply to
LDosser

Tradewise most countries would rebel. And even if forced to agree to commerce and despite worrying about the same thing happening to them, there would still be a lot of underground resistance and withholding of compliancy.

Militarily, most countries couldn't do very much when it comes to resistance. But even if military world domination was accomplished, regional US governors with troops to maintain the status quo would spread the US military extremely thin. It's just not a very realistic scenario for the USA to survive comfortably. That's the way I see it with my limited knowledge.

Yeah, yeah, I know. That should be extremely limited knowledge or maybe even complete lack of knowledge.

Reply to
upscale

I guess never is too strong of a word. Perhaps "not in our lifetime" would be better. Our grandchildren should learn to speak Mandarin

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Our Prime Minister has done exactly that. Is he setting an example for the nation? .....hmmmm...

Reply to
diggerop

Take a look at the scenarios proffered by IPCC, there's some humdingers there.

Reply to
LDosser

I thought he did that Before he was elected. OT**2, I see that someone threw a shoe at Howard last week.

Reply to
LDosser

"Leon" asked::

Google "anthony sowell" or go straight to Cleveland Plain Dealer for details of this sexual predator and his trail of bodies.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Of course. I somehow doubt he'd have spare time to learn it as PM : )

At Cambridge University. I enjoyed his retort, reported as ""It was a pathetic throw, he would never be on my team."

diggerop

Reply to
diggerop

--------------------------------------------------------- The emotions of the moment, while allowing someone to vent the spleen, are seldom reliable.

Eye witness accounts are often later found to be in error.

Under the US system of justice, a person is assumed to be innocent until proven beyond a shadow of a doubt in a court of law.

So until a conviction has been rendered, "Suspect" is the label of choice of our system of justice.

The shooting rampage raises many questions, starting with "WHY".

"Why" was he promoted to Major just after receiving a less than favorable review at Walter Reed.

"Why" wasn't a red flag raised about his recent behavior changes which included giving away his possesions as well as dressing in Middle Eastern garb and passing out copies of the Koran?

"Why" didn't his attempt to seek legal counsel to avoid being sent into a war zone raise questions?

"Why" didn't the suicide of one of his patients at Walter Reed raise a flag that maybe he needed help.

Where was the physiotherapist to provide a means to unload his thoughts and provide help.

Thought that was a requirement of his position.

Does this unfortunate event some how point to an overall larger problem with our present military system?

Is the US trying to fight two (2) wars on the cheap without enough troops to get the job done?

Those are some very difficult questions; however, they need to be addressed by the military along with the FBI and others doing the investigation(s).

What can't be allowed is a rush to judgment that results in a "White Wash" of the tragic event.

Strange as it may seem to some, the fact that the suspect survived can be considered as a positive thing.

At least he is able to answer questions as long as he is alive.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I've been reticent to join this fray until the smoke cleared. But that truly is THE question of the day.

Why did they miss all of the classic warning signs, instead choosing to plow ahead with plans that this guy obviously had issues with?

I'm not in the least defending the act, only the ignorance of his superiors and co-workers who ignored or dismissed fairly blatant behavior that would be clear to any 1st year psychology student.

Having dealt with a few over the years, I'm fairly convinced that those who enter the fields of psychology/psychiatry did so due to their own internal strife. Most grow and learn to deal with conflict, this dude obviously didn't.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

I heard Lawrence J. Peter (the discoverer of "The Peter Principle") say: "I have been studying governments, man and boy, for over forty years. I have yet to determine whether we are being led by well-meaning fools or by really intelligent people who are just putting us on."

Reply to
HeyBub

"Hope" is not a strategy; "Change" is not a tactic.

Both are similar to the matron's advice to the young bride regarding her wedding night: "Just lie back and think of England."

Reply to
HeyBub

Quite well. The United States Coast Guard is larger, in ships and manpower, that all of the rest of the world's navies. Combined.

I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops. Uh, depending on the breaks.

Reply to
HeyBub

Nah, they're optional. I think the last president to have a vegetable garden on the White House grounds was FDR.

Reply to
HeyBub

IMO, the big takeover to come will not be a military action, rather an economic one. What if a dictator in China suddenly declared "no exports to the US". They could take over Wal Mart and control a big chunk of the US economy.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

You think so?

The US coast guard, the smallest of the five US armed services, lists itself at around 47,000 strong.

The Chinese navy alone has more personnel than that (250,000 and growing.) It has twice as many submarines as the US navy and predicted by some to outstrip the size of the US navy in total by 2015. Robert Gates has expressed concerns that the US is in danger of being outstripped by China as a naval force in the Pacific in the near future.

In 1803, Napoleon supposedly said "Let China Sleep, for when the Dragon awakes, she will shake the world." I believe we are going to find out he was right.

diggerop

Reply to
diggerop

On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 21:07:54 -0500, the infamous "Ed Pawlowski" scrawled the following:

He had a swingset put up on the Whitehouse grounds.

He's logged lebenty gazillion miles in Air Force One already. Between his and Algore's energy waste, OPEC is smiling from the nice, brisk sales.

He tried to shake the Queen's hand but kissed an Arab king's hand.

He's spent more money in

Reply to
Larry Jaques