OT Olympus OM-2 camera

Does anyone here use an OM-2? If you do, I have something you may be interested in. email works
On Monday, June 6, 2016 at 10:23:56 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I am. Email me at snipped-for-privacy@outlook.com

It's no consolation but I used to have 2 of them until digital made them obsolete and worthless. Don't even remember what happened to them now...

I was hoping to find someone but you are right, digital is the way to go for most of us now. I hate the thought of putting such a nice piece of equipment into the trash. I'll probably list them on Freecycle or similar.
On 6/9/2016 4:42 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Craigslist or Ebay. You may be surprised to find just how many collectors of old photography equipment there are out there. You likely will not see much $$ in a sale but. . .
Also, you could try selling it (and seeing current used prices at retail) at www.keh.com Currently, OM1's are selling <$100 while OM3's are just over $200. That's for the bodies only.

Was not familiar with keh. I may give them a try. If I can't give them away I may as well sell them.
On 6/9/2016 4:42 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Should have mentioned that the market for used Olympus lenses is probably stronger than for the body alone.
On 6/9/2016 5:42 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

There are still people who collect film cameras.
I am going to be unloading my Hasselblad and Cambo view camera shortly. I haven't used either in about 25 years.
--
Jeff

On 6/9/2016 1:31 PM, woodchucker wrote:

If you have a large flea market you may tried to find someone there to "buy" the camera from you.
While I did not try to get rid of an old camera. I had an old Olympus camera that needed a little work. While the digital had replaced it in most of my work, I needed the old camera for slides. An old guy at the flea market with hundreds of old cameras fixed it like new.
Now I don't even have a need for slides.

Some are even returning to film. I've a geezer friend who is a graphic artist (among other things). He has recently returned to film with his Canon F(?) and 4x5 view cameras.

I shoulda bought a 'Blad jes about that many yrs ago. I screwed up and went digital. :(
nb