Does anyone have a 2 or 2 annahalf " DC system?

I do my sanding waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over thataway. And the underpowered DC is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over yonder.

I see Rockular is stocking one of those clear plastic 2 1/2" set o pipes and gates that you can hook up to your shop vac.

Does anyone have one of these? Are they useful for doing some simple sucking from sanders?

Even if the DC had more oooomph, I kind'a wonder about taking a 6" mainline to a 4" branch through a 2 1/2" reducer and down to a 1 1/4" flex hose to hook up to my PC 333 ROS...

Seems like a shorter connextion tween the ShopVac and the ROS would be beneficial.

Reply to
patrick conroy

I have a real DC system and think the Shop-Vac works better with handheld tools.

It's been described as velocity vs. volume to me, but I'm not sure I understand. The DC does a great job on jointers, planers, router tables, etc... The Shop-Vac is king for sanders, biscuit joiners, etc... A $20 Crapsman auto switch works really well with the vac.

Maybe someone will explain it differently, and I'll understand this time.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

I doubt that the DC will pull enough for what you want to do. You need high static pressure(vacuum) and low volume, i.e. a shop vac, for this application.

I use one of these and it works like a charm.

's light and quite flexible and well worth the $20 I spent. The big end fits into my shop vac hose and the little end fits the 557 plate joiner, 743 circ saw, and the 333 sander. I wouldn't be without it.

Art

Reply to
Wood Butcher

Yeah - I'm there. I'm just wondering if anyone's bought one of those 2

1/2" duct systems and built themselves a little DC system - in conjunction - with their 4" DC system.

I could see running the 2 1/2" pipes around the bench area for lil' tasks like sanding. And the 4" ducts around the machine area for the big tasks like planing.

Reply to
patrick conroy

A'yup. Though one thing that's a down side, the ribbed (for her pleasure) hose on the shoppe vac has a tendency to be a pain onna 'count of it catches on stuff (table edges/any right angle) and has to be continually manhandled/looked after/watched over. Not poo-pooing the usage, just that it is what it is. Now, if someone has a light-weight slip cover for the ribbed (for her pleasure) hose, I want to hear about it.

UA100, with his PC Tree-Turty-Tree hooked to the Fein Mini-Turblow and ain't going back...

Reply to
Unisaw A100