OT: new Gillette Fusion is great!

When I was a kid, on a fishing trip, I sharpened a big, old bowie knife. And because I saw it in a lot of movies, I "shaved" with it. Which was quite a trick, because I had no facial hair at the time.

The next day, my face was red as a beet. And it HURT!

I never tried that again.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Sounds like me and my Phillips. One day I accidentally dropped it in the toilet. Fished it out, but it's never run properly since then.

Reply to
Upscale

Only for those 'special' Saturday nights out :-) (I don't bother, myself. I haven't shaved since 1967, although I do get a trim when I get my hair cut).

Reply to
Doug Payne

I hate to admite it but the Mach3 was the one product I received unwanted (SPAM) that I actually used. No way 3 is better than 1 or two, just a gimmick. But when I put that thing to my face, ooooooh. I was hooked.

I'm hoping I don't receive a Gillette Fusion as the mach3 blades are already expensive enough. I don't want to get hooked on that too.

Reply to
dnoyeB

can't I just shave with one of these

dnoyeB

You are so right! Isn't that Mach III great? I was a died in the wool double edge razor guy for decades. Loved the way the weight of the thing made for such a smooth shave. I bought a Mach III while on the road one time because I left my razor home and the Mach III was stocked right at the checkout. Just grabbed it because it's the razor that was there. Haven't used my old razor since.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Huh...fire. Still makes you a puss in my book. Here's what I use:

I have to change belts TWICE each morning. (16 grit)

Reply to
wood_newbie

I cannot say that I have ever dropped an electric razor. I have dropped my Gillette plenty of times.

I remember about 15 years ago I when I used my first Braun my 3 year old son would come up beside me and plug in my old Norelco, turn it on, and we would both share the mirror while we shaved. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

but, but, but when you drop a Gillette, the most that happens is the blade pops off. I usually drop mine in the shower every once in a while but there's no damage or cost involved. Even the blade survives.

Dave

Reply to
David

Pshaw! Real men in Canada use these:

bob

OK getting back to these disposable straight razors from Japan. Didn't I read in a Lee Valley catalog that some Japanese men use these the same way we use disposable safety razors. I used one on my arm and it was tricky. I doubt I could safely shave my face with one of these.

BTW Rob Lee if you are reading those razors were pretty crappy for cutting inlays and stuff. The blade would always come loose from the handle and fall out. I still have a couple full packs in my toolbox. I sure ain't going to be shaving with them.:)

Reply to
Jimmy

Using them as a shaving razor is different from using a straight razor only in the difference in grip. I used one at least once but preferred the straight edge razor. But, I was a teenager and did various things I no longer do. Joe

Reply to
Joe Gorman

I'll stick with my 1904 safety razor. Just switched to it about a year ago. Must be getting sensitive. The strait razor was starting to irritate my skin.

Reply to
CW