OT - Man angry at Verizon hurls phones

Page 1 of 4
FARGO, North Dakota (AP) -- A man who said he was fed up with his cellular phone service went to a Fargo mall and started hurling phones across a store, striking an employee and causing more than $2,000 in damage, authorities said.
Jason Perala, 22, of Fargo, told The Forum newspaper that he planned only to yell at employees at Verizon Wireless.
"Then I just lost it," he said. "I just started grabbing computers and phones and throwing them. I just destroyed the place. ... I kind of regret that I did it, but I hope my message got across."
-----------------
I hate verizon too, lol.
Rich

Ya know, I have a Verizon phone. If I ever see that guy with the glasses doing his "can you hear me now" thing, I might do something similar.
I have to admit, though, that they do subscribe to the idea of "truth in advertizing". I find myself saying "Can you hear me now" rather often when on my Verizon phone. It's usually followed by static, swearing, and so on, but at least the catch-phrase is accurate.
I throw my cell phone every time i get a call in from the mill............ I too hate cell phones....... daviswoodshop

sawdust writes:

I think they're mildly amusing, about like wet gumballs, so I don't have one. Had one for a year and mostly kept it plugged into its charger, where I'd forget it.
Charlie Self "In our civilization, and under our republican form of government, intelligence is so highly honored that it is rewarded by exemption from the cares of office." Ambrose Bierce

mill............
one.
a cell phone is an electronic leash.
randy

Or a freedom machine for some folks.
It beats sitting by a phone when you're on call.
Barry
Randy responds:

Yup. So is a pager. I used to have a friend who was delighted when his boss gave him a pager. It proved his importance. Every time that damned thing buzzed, he leapt into action.
Bleah!
Charlie Self "In our civilization, and under our republican form of government, intelligence is so highly honored that it is rewarded by exemption from the cares of office." Ambrose Bierce
Ever notice how some folks take it as a sign of status to hide behind staff or electronic devices with built-in deniability?
I prefer to do business with people who answer their own phone. They may not be as important as the dodgers, but they sure make me feel as if I am.

boss
George notes:

Oddly enough, the most important people I know, in terms of business at least, are quickly available by phone to almost any caller. The prissiest twits who want to play "Mr. [or Ms} Important" and cycle you through a lot of crap tend not to be a lot of help anyway.
Charlie Self "In our civilization, and under our republican form of government, intelligence is so highly honored that it is rewarded by exemption from the cares of office." Ambrose Bierce
Yep, that's what I've noticed.

staff
am.
least,
who
tend
Charlie Self wrote:

<snip>
I was too, but it was more because it's an extra $8,000 per year for carrying it, plus "time and a half" if it goes off.
On Sat, 15 May 2004 10:42:45 -0400, Nova wrote:

Did you request 3 or 4 more ;-)
-Doug
--
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul." - George Bernard Shaw

Louis got squat unless it went off, at which time he got straight time. Life in a non-union state for a boss who could afford the pager, but not much else.
Charlie Self "In our civilization, and under our republican form of government, intelligence is so highly honored that it is rewarded by exemption from the cares of office." Ambrose Bierce
xrongor wrote:

<piffle!> try walking around with one of these in your belt all day http://www.motorola.com/cgiss/portables/astsaber.shtml#specs
John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.
http://www.shavings.net/images/Memphis/reflect_john.jpg
Can't. They've been discontinued since 2002.
Kevin
--
=====
Where are those Iraqi WMDs, NOW?

The difference in battery life was more due to output power than anything. 5 watts for the ht. 500 or so milliwatts for the cell phone (radio).

The difference is the distance to the tower. Digital technology almost makes a mockery of the inverse square rule.

5
It's all analog when it's in the air.

CW wrote:

If God had meant anything to be analog, we would be born with webs between our fingers.     j4