OT: Just a thought.

Page 7 of 8

Then you go buy a strip of LEDs to light up a sign and order a 'ballast' for it. You dumb fuck.

Ooops, did *I* say that?
On 7/22/2011 8:05 AM, Robatoy wrote:

LOL ... tell what you really think, Rob! ;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Better done in Dutch, I think, blushing already ... Hope you are doing OK, Rob. Experience and so indicates that the worst mental hump after these things is about 2 months after ...
--
Best regards
Han
On 7/22/2011 8:05 AM, Robatoy wrote:

Potty mouth!

I'm sowwy.
Same old, same old, warm and fuzzy responses here.
LEDs and any current operated device needs a ballast to absorb the difference in voltage in a circuit.
I know you are not just a troll, despite many reports, 'cause you are Canadian and that would almost be impossible.
Time to admit your lack of electronics terminology and knowledge.
------------- "Robatoy" wrote in message
I'm sowwy.

Give me the specifics and I'll give you the P/N.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrical_ballast
First sentence: "An electrical ballast is a device intended to limit the amount of current in an electric circuit."

Pig-headed asshole.

Obviously not.
In article

Very sensible, I've seen the way this guy behaves on other groups.
--
Stuart Winsor

Midland RISC OS show - Sat July 9th 2011
The efficiency of the ballast circuitry is way up with switching and other modern techniques but still required in any LED circuit.
------------ "Stuart" wrote in message wrote: LEDs are current devices. Something has to absorb the excess voltage when you control the current supply to it.
On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 07:55:07 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

PDFTFT
-- Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing. -- Abraham Lincoln
On 7/20/2011 8:55 AM, m II wrote:

Ok you are the expert, you have read something some where gotten it all confused and believe you know it all. I on the other hand actually have BACK- LIT florescent LCD and LED back-lit LCD screens and the fact that the LED set produce little to no heat compared to the floresent LCD must be my imagination. I'll go with my imagination.

OK, if you say so. I can't foolishly dispute an owner, can I?
I only read that one article which specified average power levels between the two types before actually looking at TVs, but it made sense. I think it was on About.com, a far-from-peer-reviewed site.
-- Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing. -- Abraham Lincoln
On 7/20/2011 9:13 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

In a store there could be other contributing factors to make the LED set seem warm. I never put any thought to it myself as I knew that florescent LCD screens were quite cool compared to the old tube screens but still put out a small amount of heat. One day I was checking the LED LCD screen at home and the top of the set was room temperature after being on all day.

LEDs are used in the backlight. LED TVs aren't mini-Jumbotrons. They use a hell of a lot less electricity than does my 46" plasma (~500W).
On 7/19/2011 9:32 PM, Steve wrote:

One of the biggest advantages of a LED display is the absence of heat. Much much cooler than the common LCD display which is many times over cooler than the old CRT.
"Robatoy" wrote:

You can add:
http://tinyurl.com/6jnjsrn
Lew

One talking head made a few good points:
Had nancy grace ( I refuse to capitalize her name) not pushed and pushed this whole Anthony deal up the charts, Anthony would not have ended up with a decent legal team, pro bono, but it also would have been unlikely that the prosecution would have overreached the way they did. Ergo:" nancy grace was the reason "totmom" walked.