Just a thought for some of you.

Things have been slow around here lately. So here's a thought.

I have been sick the past week, so I've been watching various U tube vids by some machinists. There's a lot to learn about setup (woodworking) if you watch how things are setup. There are some neat tricks.

So if you have some time, you might want to watch some vids.

Reply to
woodchucker

n sick the past week, so I've been watching various U tube vids by some mac hinists. There's a lot to learn about setup (woodworking) if you watch how things are setup. There are some neat tricks. So if you have some time, you might want to watch some vids. -- Jeff

Here's a video that's pretty neat:

-c

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Wow, that is so cool, very artistic, and quite a craftsman with the skew.

Reply to
woodchucker

That's very cool and the guy is obviously very skilled. I'd love to see it when he gets his sleeve caught in that belt pulley, though. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

I noticed the exposed belt the first time, I had to watch again to catch how close his sleeve actually go to the pulley and belt. Woah!

Reply to
Leon

I wonder how much he would charge for a Christmas tree?

I also wonder what wood he uses. Must be soft and stable.

This sort of thing is a little too intricate for me. I would end up stabbing myself if I tried this. I manage to stab myself on a semi regular basis in the kitchen. I don't want to tempt fate.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

In addition, you can see the amount of pressure he applies when shaving the curls. I wonder how many he's broken before get the right feel or even after.

Reply to
Meanie

The guy's name is Werbung Fischer. He says the wood is lime, similar to basswood.

Price list:

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Looks pretty reasonable, price wise.

Reply to
Leon

Here's a video that's pretty neat:

Sonny

Way cool video, thanks for sharing.

Reply to
Tom B

Just look on "woodworking". And look around. There are plenty of ideas, a collague downloaded a lot of videos of this guy in his barn doing lots of stuff..... from my apartment view it is heaven Dream and decide what is next.... I did.... and some ideas have come true some remain dreams (not ideas only)

As I say - there is always a NEXT step to go

Reply to
Sonnich Jensen