OT:It's the end of the world as we know it. Part Deux(Update)

This will give you a bit of insight of what we're dealing with. LOL
http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/?action=view&current=MoxieDiggerby.flv
Robatoy wrote:

http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/?action=view&current=MoxieDiggerby.flv
A fascinating commentary on the current Democratic party vis-a-vis the health care debate. After one reaches the bottom of the hole, one should quit digging.
Evidently this puppy won't stop 'til he smells a Chinaman's foot (dogs have a good sense of smell, so he probably won't break through).
Robatoy wrote:

http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/?action=view&current=MoxieDiggerby.flv
My dog Lila used to lie outside my shop in a hole she freshly dug for the purpose. Nice and cool for her but an ittitation to me as the step down became longer than I was used to and I'd sometimes stumble.
Lila died August 12. If she were still here, she could dig all the holes she wanted.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/?action=view&current=MoxieDiggerby.flv
My previous shop dog, a Choc Lab whiched loved to be out in the shop with me was happiest when laying under the end of the out feed of my planer before dust colection was added. She would literally disappear under the shavings.
The current shop dog/potatoe doesn't like the shop to much, that's a Great Dane for you.

http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/?action=view&current=MoxieDiggerby.flv
Ah. That does bring back memories. You might already know this about dogs. They dig dens into the dirt to reach the cool, damp soil underneath, and lay they bellies in the coolness to supplement their limited cooling systems. My Lab was just a couple of months old about exactly 10 years ago today, when we brought him on a picnic to the Dunes. It was the height of July in a seasonally hot summer, not like the chill one we have this year. There's no natural shade on the beach, of course, but Lake Michigan is right there for a cooling off splash when the need arises. The puppy was gonna be just fine.
We had set down a ways far down the beach from the main swimming beaches, and were pretty much alone except for one family of two very young girls and their mother not far away. The mother, a little on the plump side, was obviously not enjoying the beach outing, and made that clear with every sentence she barked at her girls. But she toned it down a little for our benefit when we arrived, and her smile and the gentle tossling she gave the puppy seemed genuine. So far so good, and figuring it might improve her mood, I didn't call him back right away.
The two of them were getting along so well, and the fierce beasty's mood had improved so considerably, I had turned my attention elsewhere. There's lots of scantily clad moving scenery, you see, as hiking along the water's edge is a common activity, and the hottest part of July is the best time to enjoy it. The next thing I knew, though, her mood had again soured and I heard her shrill scolding, this time shoo'ing the puppy away. The only shade for 100 yards in any direction that afternoon, apparently, was in the shadow below the seated woman's pulled in knees. He was busily digging a den there when I turned to look.
Take lots of pictures and videos. They grow up so fast.

http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/?action=view&current=MoxieDiggerby.flv
My SYB (the Dog Whisperer) cured two of our [now-gone] Shelties of digging by holding their head in the hole and covering it with some of the dirt. Both of them got the message - and soon.
Dave in Houston

So... what you're suggesting, in my case, would mean that I better make a dog house that fits me as well?

I'd have figured that by now with all the stuff you're into, you'd have your own dog house already fitted and operating.

When I build it, it has to have a removable roof. How else would I get the beer fridge and the plasmaTV in there?
wrote in message

When I build it, it has to have a removable roof. How else would I get the beer fridge and the plasmaTV in there?
=======He likely meant a pole barn for the workshop annex.

You forgot to include an entire wall for the Palin full sized mirror. If you're gonna do something bad enough to get exiled to the dog house, then you might as well go whole hog.

So... what you're suggesting, in my case, would mean that I better make a dog house that fits me as well?
I'm not saying, "kill the dog!" IIRC, SYB tossed a couple of handfuls of the dirt onto the dog's [forcibly-held] head while stressing the word, "NO!"
Dave in Houston
"Dave in Houston" wrote:

A loosely rolled newspaper does a great job.
When swatted about the ears, the noise gets there attention without hurting them.
Lew

Sure does. Look how I turned out.
Robatoy wrote:

So contrary to popular belief, you ARE housebroken.     :-)

Not exactly sure what's considered proper in dog training circles these days, but I remember watching as a six year old kid as my father did something similar with our young German Shepherd. He shoved its nose into a pile of it's poop on the basement floor and shouted "NO". After that the dog held it in until it's walk every morning.
Granted, some of those walks started out with the dog pooping five feet out the front door of the house, but he never again transgressed inside the house.

So... what you're suggesting, in my case, would mean that I better make a dog house that fits me as well?
========Dogs dig. Mostly, digging isn't much of a problem any more, even without strenuous correction. (I question his methods, BTW.) The worst thing I did was teach them to fetch sticks. Big sticks, like deadfall branches after a wind storm. One spent her early years trying to unearth the exposed roots of a cottonwood in the backyard. The lawn is still not completely healed after 5 years of her outgrowing that.