OT - iPad in the news today ...

Page 4 of 5
On 2/2/2010 8:35 AM, Robatoy wrote:

;)
Besides, today's top web designers are all twenty somethings ... they have NO concept of "regard(e?)" ... and couldn't spell it if they did. :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Doesn't run on my PC either. For a blue-chip company and the biggest world restaurant chain, this is a poor excuse, poor design (they should have hired me).
On 2/2/2010 8:57 AM, Phisherman wrote:

Sorry, you missed the pointe(e), dud(e). You simply aren't cool anymor(e) ... the world has passed you by(e). You gotta b(e) into DMB and Lady Gaga to appreciat(e) subtl(e) genius, and, as always, the bigger the better ... particularly with regarde to your pip(e).
Go have a Moon Pi(e) and a R'er Se(e) and lick your wounded feelings ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

There is a song in there someplace.
<hint, hint>

Whoa! Lady Gaga and DMB in the same sentence?

Like, OMG , IDKT!

I get a kick out of those who think it's a 'kid' thing with the OMG's etc.
Remember these? From eons ago? Stuff like FTW, and the classic TTFN!
TTFN!
On 2/3/2010 8:05 AM, Robatoy wrote:

In England, back in the sixites, it was shorthand for "ta ta for now", or another way of saying goodbye.
Used to get a kick out of the English girls saying, "If you get a chance, knock me up!"
Sure, darling ... at your pleasure! :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

That'n went PSA on me, too.
--UNcool in Oregon, and lovin' it!
-- Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will. -- George Bernard Shaw
On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 09:57:03 -0500, the infamous Phisherman

I'd have given them their money's worth, too.
I got 3 words from each actor before 45 seconds of buffering EACH TIME, and I'm on DSL.
-- Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will. -- George Bernard Shaw
On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 22:17:35 -0600, the infamous Swingman

There's a sayin in AA which seems to fit here:
"Some are sicker than others."
-- Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will. -- George Bernard Shaw

Read this....
http://tinyurl.com/ygf34y9

"Sorry, we can't find that page"
--
Best regards
Han

Mmm.. try this and mind the wrap.
http://www.popsci.com/gadgets/article/2010-01/ipad s-closed-system-sometimes-i-hate-being-right

If that doesn't work, try this: http://www.popsci.com/gadgets/article/2010-01/ipad%E2%80%99s-closed-system - sometimes-i-hate-being-right
The "apostrophe" appears to be a 3-byte wide Unicode character. Why their software didn't encode it properly or at least use the HTML equivalent, I don't know.
Puckdropper
Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote in

Now I got there finally via the last url.
The "dystopian" future they're talking about is the Big Brother attitude that "We will determine what can run on our machine/software".
This has both good and bad effects. In the end we'll see.
--
Best regards
Han

It is a proven business model. Sell the 'tool' for cheap, charge an arm and a leg for the proprietary attachments. Xerox didn't sell copiers, they sold paper and chemicals, Gilette doesn't sell razors, they sell blades. Steven Jobs isn't only shrewd, he's diabolical. Which is why I don't have an iTunes account, or have an iPhone. I am starting to think that the iPad is the end of his winning streak. Then again, he's awful good at reading/creating markets. Time will tell.
On 2/3/2010 7:19 AM, Robatoy wrote:

You underestimate a culture that will pay top dollar for NEW blue jeans with holes and tears in them.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Just like in the 60"s.
On 2/3/2010 9:03 AM, CW wrote: > > "Swingman"wrote in message
>> You underestimate a culture that will pay top dollar for NEW blue >> jeans with holes and tears in them. >> > Just like in the 60"s.
In the sixties idiots had to make their own rips and tears, they didn't pay more than the cost of a new pair without rips and tears. Children of idiot's children are observably more idiotic.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08