SOT: iPad problem

My iPad is very old now: Mini 2. There is an update for Google Maps, which cannot be applied as it requires iOS 13.4 and my device only has iOS 12.5.5. Is there a way of cancelling the notification that shows on the App Store icon?

Reply to
Scott

You know the answer to this, buy a new iPad. ;-)

I very much doubt there is any other ?fix?.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

+1
Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

I suppose I could uninstall Google Maps?

Reply to
Scott

And then in the next few weeks, you'll find another app like this and be in the same boat.

You could buy an equally capable and sized Android tablet for well under £100 now, if you don't want to pay the Apple tax.

But all of these things have a limited life and are disposable. If it's not the software support, it's the battery.

Personally, I'd spring for a new iPad. You'll enjoy the experience of new things to play with. Video editing is interesting.

FWIW, One of my stalled household 'art' projects is to glue an array of redundant mobile phones / tablets inside a picture frame, and have it wake up with some weather, news and travel information when I walk by it. Or something else more mad.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Problem is it was a present from my brothers for a 'significant' birthday so diplomacy enters the equation.

Friend of mine wanted to recreate an airport departure screen on his wall and choose different airports each day.

Reply to
Scott

? Put a new one in. About £45 third party or £60 by apple, on an i-phone. Its expensive because there is a lot of skill and labour to take one apart. Battery isn't worth more than a tenner or so.

Christ on a bike.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Reply to