OT: I need a good wheelbarrow

So I'm in the market for a 6 cu.ft. wheelbarrow and I'd like to get a nice beefy one - thick steel tray so I can mix mortar etc.. in it and it won't fall apart when I knock a hammer on the bottom to get out any that my "assistant" leaves in there to dry overnight. Any ideas? Or should I just go to the blue or orange box or Ace or something and order one. Any good online masonry tool stores? TIA. JP
"Jay Pique" wrote:

------------------------- Farm & Fleet if you are in an agricultural area.
Otherwise Google "contractor's wheelbarrow".
Lew

Get a new assistant who won't leave residue in the barrow

How about using the hammer on the "assistants" head?
Allen
I have a so so metal tray one - it sits with holes in it.
My two font wheel Plastic bucket can be washed out clean and works. Two wheels help prevent twist overs when pushing a heavy load and bump into something.
Might not be strong enough for you but something to think about.
Martin
Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net "Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Originator & Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com /
On 9/9/2010 5:42 PM, Jay Pique wrote:

My next wheelbarrow will be a two wheeler. I get them at garage sales for $5, and have half a dozen now, five with flat tires. I would like to try the stability of a two wheeler. When things get serious, I get out the ATV with the two wheeler, and just don't fight it like I used to. You can carry a lot of rocks on a trailer pulled with an ATV, and with the tilt trailer, it dumps instantly with the turn of a rod.
Steve

I have a two wheeled plastic bucket, 8 cubic feet, and it will stand abuse no metal bucket can stand.
If you have to wheel a load up a plank in through a door, get the old metal one wheel version. If not, I can't imagine why anyone would want to buy one of the old style.
--
Jim in NC

On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 15:42:16 -0700 (PDT), Jay Pique

I haven't used a wheel barrow since I got a Kubota tractor with a backhoe and loader. 8-)
Mike M
On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 22:44:37 -0700, Mike M

Yeah, learn (and then teach your assistant) how to use muriatic acid for cement cleanup.

HF, JP. Sweet little $5 (on sale) set of trowels for the occasional mortarer. http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result/?category=&q=concrete

I use my wheelbarrow for moving compost around in the yard. It's quicker to fill and less work than pairs of 5gal buckets. Other than hauling the scraps from reroofing my pump house last year, that has been its only use in 2 years.
I move concrete bags around with my HF Big Wheel hand truck and mix it in the molded tub.
-- Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed. -- Storm Jameson

Jay... If you have a problem cleaning cement from a item, I use muratic acid (Hcl) diluted. Works great. You can get a gallon very cheap at most hardware stores. WW

Watch out for the versions that are partial concentrations for close to the same price as the full concentration. It should be 31.45% and not somewhere around 15%. A gallon should run around $5 (+/- $2).
I use it for pH control in the swimming pool. A little bit goes a long way there. (But don't breathe the vapors!)
Puckdropper