Wheelbarrow tube

Anybody know where to obtain a wheelbarrow innertube from, mine has gone at the joint where the valve stem meets the main tube so not repairable. The size on the tyre says 3.5 - 8 but ringing round the local tyre places brings no joy. I am in Leeds if any one knows a local stockist, if no mail order or on line will do.

TIA

John

Reply to
John

afaik, machine mart do barrow tyres. If not try towsure.

Reply to
sPoNiX

You could also try some shops that sell mobility scooters. They have smallish wheels. I don't know of any in Leeds but you could try Clarke & Partners in Sheffield, 0114 275 5000 and ask for scooter spares department.Hope it helps.

-- troubleinstore

mail can be sent via website Email address on posting is ficticous and used as spam trap

Reply to
troubleinstore

One of our local (large) garden centres does them (to my surprise)

Reply to
OldScrawn

John I'm in Canada but moment I saw your post I did a search on "Wheelbarrow tyre UK". The first listing that came up was 'The Tyre Shop". On their site there were sections for many types of tyres, including ten to twelve listings for wheelbarrows. So I presume they would have the tubes? As well. A typical tyre was listed at around ten quid; so guess a tube would be a couple to three pounds? Hope this helps. The URL is <

> and gives Tel numbers and email address to order. They give their address as Cadishead near Warrington/Manchester. Although on one of their pages I thought I spotted something about a Leeds location! BTW I did see one 3.5-8 tyre under 'Scooters'. Couple of months ago I had to repair the tube on my el-cheapo wheelbarrow, finding it flat (Oops 'punctured') following a long winter. Next winter I think I'm going to have to 'rebuild/repaint' our barrow, getting out the dents etc. At that time new tyre/tube may be in order.

Reply to
Terry