OT Humor: Understanding the Midwest

Page 2 of 2
Hey!!! Butte is a great place to be FROM!!!!
Grant
Robert Bonomi wrote:

SNIP > >

To Californians, anything East of Arizona is back East! Isn't Florida just a humid extension of Texas? Although I have been to NY, Washington DC, and most other East coast states, I can not fathom why anyone would choose to live there! This includes beautiful downtown Detroit.
Snow?? I like to look at it on the mountains but actually live IN IT???
Dave

<snip>
Florida is a part of Long Island that drifted south, at least that explains the east coast of FL..
--
Scott

From a message about points to ponder:
13) "I think that's how Chicago got started. A bunch of people in New York said, 'Gee, I'm enjoying the crime and the poverty, but it just isn't cold enough. Let's go west.'" --Richard Jeni
--
Nahmie
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
Norman D. Crow wrote:

The standing joke when I lived in Minnesota was that "Minnesota was as far as the Norwegians got before the cold made 'em forget why they left Norway."
Probably same kind of deal for Chicago, New York, and poverty...
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA

ROFLMAO!
--
It's probably time to change my sig line, eh?

SNIP
Small correction here...
Pull you pants up. You look like you waited too long to go to the bathroom.
I especially like being able to smoke in church.
UA100

Smoke what?
(hell, it was just a question.)
Thomas J. Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) (Real Email is tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet) http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /

Q. Do you smoke after sex? A. I don't know, I never looked.
...if you do, you're going too fast...

LMAO On a slightly more cynical note:
Q. What did the Frenchman do after sex? A. Go home to his wife.
(Bet ya thought it had to do with smoking, heh heh)
What did the IBM 360 say to the Cray 1?
"Do you smoke after interface?"
The answer:
"Input data incomplete. I never scanned."
Agkistrodon
<snip>

Surrender, collaborate?
--
Scott

Thanks for the laughs, Bob. This wouldn't be nearly so funny if there wasn't so much truth in it.
Back in the late 70's, I lived in So. California for a couple of years. When I finally got fed up and decided to move back to the midwest, a friend told us: "You're going to miss having a dishwasher". My wife answered, "Oh, we've had indoor plumbing and electricity since the sixties..."
John
John Paquay snipped-for-privacy@insightbb.com
"Building Your Own Kitchen Cabinets" http://home.insightbb.com/~jpaquay/shop.html ------------------------------------------------------------------ With Glory and Passion No Longer in Fashion The Hero Breaks His Blade. -- Kansas, The Pinnacle, 1975 ------------------------------------------------------------------

Tourism Councils??? If they exclude Chicago and Minneapolis, couldn't they fit all those states' tourist attractions onto a single mimeographed sheet?
Cape Cod Bob Visit my web site at http://home.comcast.net/~bobmethelis
I take it you don't believe in the promised bonanza in Eco-Tourism that follows wilderness set-aside?
Right-winger.
Had a (D) state senator who put his cynicism a bit differently. "When the Ecology types come for a week they bring two sets of underwear and a twenty-dollar bill. And don't change either."

Obviously, the guidelines are badly needed....