OT: He didn't 'Beat It' this time.

Page 2 of 2

I wouldn't have before last Thursday.... but I would now.
Seriously, though, doesn't that mean that you believe he really *was* a child molester?

If you're asking that about Tim, then you must be new here. (no offence intended)
Lew Hodgett wrote:

I didn't think he was mine either, until I caught one of his videos while I was waiting for a diagnostic to complete on a computer I was fixing at a video store.
If you've never seen a Micheal Jackson video you should. Great fun. Gets old fairly quickly though. It's like he was _made_ for that medium.

Yep.
J. Clarke wrote:

I'm too young to really have an informed opinion, but others have been saying that he practically *defined* that medium in the early 80s.
Chris
Chris Friesen wrote:

Yeah, that can be a problem--his videos were smooth and slick in their day, but I can see where they might look a little dated and rough now.
I ignored him for most of his career, thought of him as just "the kid in the Jackson 5". I kind of liked "Thriller" on the radio, in part because of the Vincent Price voiceover, but not enough to buy it. But then I saw the video. Like, wow.
"J. Clarke" wrote:

I grew up with radio.
I listen to music, not watch it.
As far as dance is concerned, Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire, Donald O'Conner, Gregory Hines, Ginger Rogers were all accomplished dancers, but their movies bored me to death, just not my style of entertainment.
Lew
RE: Subject (Micheal Jackson)
As talented as M/J was, pound for pound Sammy Davis Jr just blew everybody else away.
Got to see him on Broadway in Golden Boy.
It was quite a performance.
Too bad the God Damned cigarettes took him before his time.
Lew
Robatoy wrote:

He was proof that America is great!
Where else could a poor black boy grow up to be a rich white man and marry Elvis Presley's daughter?
after so much plastic surgery, maybe he can be recycled ...

What is the difference between a shopping bag and Michael jackson? One is plastic and dangerous to children, the other is used to carry groceries.
In article

I heard he was going to be re-cycled into Lego bricks so that chidren could play with him instead of the other way round!