OT: He didn't 'Beat It' this time.

Maybe it's a "glove" thing, eh? :(

Reply to
Swingman

Do you have first hand knowledge or are you believing press accounts?

-- Doug

Reply to
Douglas Johnson

I have the knowledge of multiple sources of reporting, a criminal trial, and civil lawsuits (all matters of public record) that resulted in MJ paying 10s of *millions* of dollars to make the problem go away. Innocent people - especially if charged with sexual predation - would not behave that way. He was an evil and wretched man and the international adoration of him in death is sickening.

Reply to
Tim Daneliuk

If you're asking that about Tim, then you must be new here. (no offence intended)

Reply to
Upscale

In other words, you are believing press accounts.

Acquitted. Which doesn't prove innocence, but is certainly not evidence of guilt.

Only one related to child molestation, which never went to trial. He paid $22 million as best I can tell. See

if you would like to believe press accounts.

Actually they do. $22 million is cheap to make the problem go away. It would have cost him more to defend it. With all the attendant publicity.

According to the same article, he donated millions to charity. But we do get to some agreement. He had to be wretched. Evil? Possibly, but nothing has ever been substantiated that I have seen.

The international reaction is proof that people need to find some real heroes. They're around, but are usually too busy doing good things to get much press.

-- Doug

Reply to
Douglas Johnson

I grew up with radio.

I listen to music, not watch it.

As far as dance is concerned, Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire, Donald O'Conner, Gregory Hines, Ginger Rogers were all accomplished dancers, but their movies bored me to death, just not my style of entertainment.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

RE: Subject (Micheal Jackson)

As talented as M/J was, pound for pound Sammy Davis Jr just blew everybody else away.

Got to see him on Broadway in Golden Boy.

It was quite a performance.

Too bad the God Damned cigarettes took him before his time.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

When multiple, independent sources describe more-or-less the same events, there's a reasonable justification for "believing" the gist of the story. There is essentially no question that this guy was a child molester except for the music groupies who place their (bad) taste in entertainment above moral judgment.

This level of disbelief is not skepticism. It is denial.

It is proof that they have very low standards for both entertainment and heroes.

MJ was no hero except, perhaps, to people who do not understand the term.

Reply to
Tim Daneliuk

The multiple sources are rarely independent. They are almost all using the same primary source. e.g. "Prosecutors today filed charges..."

Nope. I just want some facts before publicly accusing someone of being an evil child molester. Real, substantiated facts seem to be pretty scarce. There is certainly an ample supply of accusations and rumors.

Would I let my grandchildren in the same room with him? No way in hell.

-- Doug

Reply to
Douglas Johnson

The last two paragraphs taken together cause a level of cognitive dissonance that is painful ...

Reply to
Tim Daneliuk

I wouldn't have before last Thursday.... but I would now.

Seriously, though, doesn't that mean that you believe he really *was* a child molester?

Reply to
Doug Miller