OT GAS PRICES YOU CAN HELP PLEASE READ!!!

Page 1 of 2

GAS WAR - an idea that WILL work
This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. It ' s worth your consideration.
Join the resistance!!!! I hear we are going to hit close to $4.00 a gallon by next summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.
This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.
BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read on and join with us! By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.79 for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..... not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.
HERE'S THE IDEA:
For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.
But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out at this point.... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people.
I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us sends it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers. If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all. (If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million,all you have to do is send this to 10 people.... I'm a mathematician, so trust me on this one.)
How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!
I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you?
Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.
THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

Good idea... That will leave more for them to export to China and other countries willing to pay the price.
wrote in message

Naw, that means no waiting in line at the pump at mobil/exxon <g>
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Not if we translate his email to Chineese and spam that country with it.. We can do this .. LOL.. Just kidding of course. i know it's a crackpot idea.
The real answer to this is be sure to vote out of office those who support the enormous subsidies to big oil--both republicans and democrats. George (http://www.toostupidtobepresident.com /) Bush is only part of the problem.
martin wrote:

That's right....those large subsidies to the oil companies are just like the ones to the farmers, they keep prices artificially low. What we need to do...wait a minute, if the subsidies keep the prices low.......if we get rid of the subsidies......wait, back to you Martin, I need more explanation of how getting rid of those subsidies will lower gas prices.....

Every time I fill up, I turn to someone pumping gas and say "Boy, its a good thing we won the war."

No kidding. At least we "can" still pump gas.

Its simple; the profit from the subsidies cause the oil companies to produce more gas so they can make even more money from the subsidies. The added production drives the prices up. No, thats not right either; the added production should drive prices down. I guess I don't get it either.
Bruce T wrote:

I'd rather have lower taxes and higher gas prices. At least that way people would actually see what the real cost is, and might be slightly less inclined to buy gas-slurping vehicles.
Chris
On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 09:57:11 -0600, Chris Friesen

That's right, lower taxes for the rich, higher gas prices and corrupt politicians.
.
We have plenty of oil in our own country but have not been permitted to drill in various places like certain off shore locations and in Alaska. The real culprits are the ones who stopped the drilling in these places. They have names like DUMMYcrats and DemoCROOKS.

That's right, and it's all the liberal fault. If we were allowed to drill everywhere including your backyard we would not have high oil prices today. Why worry about environment problems? We need more studies to show drilling will affect the environment. Even if it's true God and Mother Nature will neutralize it, as I heard from a Preacher on TV.

But if you aren't going to buy from Exxon or Mobil, why would the other companies match their price increase? Wouldn't they increase their prices because they are selling more gas then they can reasonably get? (think supply and demand curves...)
If you tried to think of the stupidest idea ever, you did a great job.

Claim: Boycotting a couple of gasoline brands will bring overall gas prices down.
Examples: http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/gasout.asp
"New Wave" Dave In Houston
This shit has been going around on the internet and emails for 2 years. It's bull shit. Just like 3/4 of the stuff on here.

martin wrote:

IMHO: 1. Pay some attention to your fuel consumption (mpg, total gals., etc.), and, as necessary, recycle the Jimmy, TrailBlazer, Hummer, Expedition, whatever- the ones that will NEVER return reasonable fuel mileage. Look at the sticker before being seduced in the salesroom, and expect lower real-world mileage from Detroit. Slow it down a bit- 5% slowdown returns ~10 lower aerodynamic losses, so cool it. Walk more. 2. Demand from your gummint a responsible CAFE standard, not W's lunacy.
"We have met the enemy and he is us." (Pogo)
On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 01:51:00 GMT, "martin"

It is very doubtful to me that a retired exec from Halliburton would have any interest in reducing prices since he would most likely have a retirement package tied to the industry....stock, etc Second, you don't understand how oil is bought, brokered and sold. The retail level has nearly nothing to do with the controling layer. The big two that you mention *control* refining and distribution. Yes, they have a retail arm but that is not the weight of their business. This will do nothing except inconvenience buyers. Personal usgae reduction is the only thing we can do as individuals, however, that is probably more self serving than anything else.
Aren't chain letters like this a violation of your ISP's AUP/TOS?
How about if I ask them?
--

FF

I'm sure he's shaking in his boots now.