OT.first Big Storm:

Well it finally came first big snow storm.Up until now we've had very mild weather,not normal for this part of Canada Winnipeg.Thank goodness we do not get the stuff South E. states Have experienced.I sure feel sorry for those folks,

Sal

Reply to
sal

I grew up north of Winnipeg (Middlechurch) and remember going trick or treating in a blizzard. Would have been in the late 60s.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

You were a true sugar junkie, eh, Baldy? At least the costumes were insulated, eh?

-- While we have the gift of life, it seems to me that only tragedy is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our creativity, or our glorious uniqueness. -- Gilda Radner

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 20:35:33 -0800, Larry Jaques

Maybe some were, but mine never was when I lived in Montreal. I always went out dressed up as Zorro. I can distinctly remember more than once, coming home and after I warmed up a little bit, I'd then cry my eyes out as I warmed my hands up under warm running water.

Zorro doesn't wear insulation. Hell, what did I know at eight years of age.

Reply to
Dave

Oh, for a chance't at some...had full day of 50 mph/60+ gusts and blowing dirt but not a hint of moisture--dewpoint in the 20s w/ temp in the 70s ahead of front. Had no measurable precip since mid-September that got wheat in on but what looked pretty good a month ago is now in world of hurt...

--

Reply to
dpb

IIRC, that year I went as a snowmobiler.

;-)

Reply to
Dave Balderstone