OT dangerous dogs

Page 10 of 10

Talking to the OP -- "....to just take my trusty SKS and shoot the dog wile it is trespassing on my property?"
Doesn't seem like a good idea to me if he is in a populated neighborhood. From his post it sounds like he has neighbors ("..but my neighbors two houses over keep a dog ....").
(At least I think I posted directly from his orignial post. This one has taken on life)
RonB
Fri, Nov 18, 2005, 11:12am (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (RonB) dideth say: Let me 'splain it this way. Assuming you live inside of town and discharged a firearm in my neighborhood you would have to worry about me. I damned well would call the police. <snip>
I live about 2 miles out of town, on a loop road. Last night I heard shots, then 1 shot. Called the sheriff's office. Just as a deputy got on the phone, heard several more. This was probably around 11:30. Then an hour or so later, another single round. Didn't call about that one. I was advised to stay in my home. I thought that was funny, I'm not stupid, I spent 20+ in the Army, and wasn't about to go out and check what was happening.
I'm a law abiding citizen. If I think it's fireworks, or someone just shooting off a gun to celebrate a football game, I won't call (although that is a very stupid thing to do, if you shoot into the air, after all, those slugs have to come down somewhere). But, I will call if I don't think that's the case. I also have a loaded wondernine tucked away next to me on the couch. If I am ever forced to use it, I'll call the sheriff's office myself. I don't live in the wild west, and the town is not huge. But, it's getting its dope dealers, and drug problems. I understand a few weeks ago there was a drug-related shootout in town. On main street, or so I was told, don't know about that. Regardless, I don't need some drugee coming to my house, armed, or shooting into it. If they do, I'm prepared to respond in kind. Fast response from the law would probably be around 15 minutes, I need to be able to respond. Same with a mean dog. My neighbor has a couple of rotweillers. Penned up. They always raise Hell when I take my trash can out to the road. They're let out once in awhile, and they do roam at times. But, so far at least, they see me, and they scoot. So, I haven't said anything to my neighbor, and I haven't called animal control. I'd talk to the neighbor first. I like dogs, I wouldn't want to kill one, but if they were coming around regularly, and started acting aggressively, I'd start packing, and I'd never let them get too close. And, yes, for the too tight people, I would get in my truck, or the house, if opportunity offerred.
JOAT Just pretend I'm not here. That's what I'm doing.

Don't you own a shotgun?
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland