OT: Colbert Explains Hannity's "Liberty Tree" Video

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Wow, I remember that stuff, too!!

My dad used to buy a lot of paint from Koppers. We painted our basement floor with some sort of red primer. I was a little guy back then and I damn near died in there from the fumes. I was actually puking after several hours in there. And I remember he painted the corrogated garage roof with something call Rust Penetrating Primer that also stunk up a storm. he then applied several coats of aqua- colored paint that Koppers used to make to paint swimming pools with (he got some sort of good price on it!). He built that garage in 1968 and we moved out of the house in 1978. In fact, we sold the house to his sister who has the two cousins I talked about earlier!! They still have never had to put another coat of pain on the roof. It is a little faded but it has not worn off one bit.

Whatever was in that paint may have made you sick but it really lasts!!!!

Reply to
busbus

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

He was an amazing person. Too bad I had to be a teenager and young man and thought everything he did or said was stupid for so long. It wasn't until I was seriously in my late 20s that I really saw him for what he was. We lost him whenever I just turned 39...10-12 years just wasn't long enough to soak up that much knowledge. Even though touchy- feely was not in our vocabulary, I was able to truthfully tell him that I thought he was the smartest person I had ever met in my life.

He was always a tad bitter about not being able to really cash in on all the things he did at work and, moreso, pissed that people passed him by just because they had a degree but he could outhink them any day. I think if life hadn't thrown him the curves when it did, he would have had the guts to strike out on his own and could have really cashed in on some of those patents. I really believe that bitterness kept him from really enjoying the accomplishments he made and surely kept him from talking about them because he would just end up being angry.

Reply to
busbus

Wow, everyone on tis list is intelligent, possessed of "common sense" and quite discerning. What a piece of work is man.

Reply to
Hoosierpopi

rec.woodworking.wobegon, where all woodworkers are above average.

Reply to
Drew Lawson

Almost everybody. :)~

RicodJour