OT: Because I Know The 'Wreck Is Very Charitable

Seen on the Net somewhere:
Can You Help?
Since September 11, 2001, Americans have come together as never before in our generation. We have banded together to overcome adversity. We have weathered direct attacks on our own soil, wars overseas, corporate/government scandals, layoffs, unemployment, stock price plunges, droughts, fires, mad cow disease, SARS, high gasoline prices, and a myriad of economic and physical disasters both great and small. But now, we must come together once again to overcome our greatest challenge yet.
Hundreds of Professional Football players in our very own nation are continuing to be locked out, living at well below the seven-figure salary level. And as if that weren't bad enough they could be deprived of their life giving pay for several months, possibly longer, as a result of the upcoming lockout situation.
But you can help!
For only $27,080 a month, about $902.75 a day (that's less than the cost of a large screen projection TV) you can help an NFL player remain economically viable during his time of need. This contribution by no means solves the problem as it barely covers the annual minimum salary, but it's a start, and every little bit will help!
Although $900 may not seem like a lot of money to you, to a football player it could mean the difference between spending the lockout golfing in Florida or on a Mediterranean cruise. For you, nine hundred dollars is nothing more than a month's rent, a mortgage payment, or a month of medical insurance, but to a football player, $900 will partially replace his daily salary.
Your commitment of less than $900 a day will enable a player to buy that home entertainment center, trade in the year-old Lexus for a new Ferrari, or enjoy a weekend in Rio .
HOW WILL I KNOW I'M HELPING?
Each month, you will receive a complete financial report on the player you sponsor. Detailed information about his stocks, bonds, 401(k), real estate, and other investment holdings will be mailed to your home. Plus, upon signing up for this program, you will receive an unsigned photo of the player lounging during the lockout on a beach somewhere in the Caribbean (for a signed photo, please
include an additional $150). Put the photo on your refrigerator to remind you of other peoples' suffering.
HOW WILL HE KNOW I'M HELPING?
Your NFL player will be told that he has a SPECIAL FRIEND who just wants to help in a time of need. Although the player won't know your name, he will be able to make collect calls to your home via a special operator in case additional funds are needed for unforeseen expenses. Remember, a lifestyle is a horrible thing to waste...
YES, I WANT TO HELP!
I would like to sponsor a locked out NFL player. My preference is (check below):
[ ] Offense [ ] Defense [ ] Special Teams [ ] Entire team
Please charge the account listed below $902.75 per day for the duration of the lockout. Please send me a picture of the player and my very own Roger Goodell (NFL Commissioner) pin to wear proudly on my hat (include $80 for hat).
Your Name: ____________________Telephone Number: ___________________
Account Number: __________________Exp.Date:_______
[ ] MasterCard [ ] Visa [ ] American Express [ ] Other
Signature: _______________________
Alternate card (when the primary card exceeds its credit limit):
Account Number: _______________________ Exp.Date:_______
[ ] MasterCard [ ] Visa [ ] American Express [ ] Other
Signature: ______________________
P.S. If you have a little extra, please enclose something for the cheerleaders.
Contrary to public opinion, cheerleaders are people too.
**A new fund is being set up for the NBA players too.**
On 7/21/2011 8:04 AM, Tim Daneliuk wrote:

My check is in the mail ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
------------ "Tim Daneliuk" wrote in message
[...]
Josepi wrote:

<snip>
I don't care who ya are. That post WAS FUNNY! Well, maybe not to a football player...
Bill
On 7/21/2011 1:29 PM, Bill wrote:

And yet it's pretty much what everyone does who buys a season ticket.
Will my Timmy's card count for anything?
It's a sports memorabilia item.
----------
With tongue planted firmly in my cheek I want to know if we can give more than the suggested amount. I heard the recipients will send large donors picture post cards from Rio or St. Tropez. JoeG
Bill wrote:

Have you considered that professional sports are the male equivalent of the daytime soap opera?
* There's a HUGE conflict with every episode. * There are obvious evil-doers and white knights. * There are seldom any surprises, certainly very few in the long run. * New actors (players) come and old ones go. * Even if your hero (team) is vanquished, there's always "next year."
There are, however, some differences: * On-screen kissing is not allowed.
(I can't think of any others)

With tongue planted firmly in my cheek I want to know if we can give more than the suggested amount. I heard the recipients will send large donors picture post cards from Rio or St. Tropez. JoeG

circle-jerk yeh.. on the repug side of politic:-/ george

Yes. YES!
As soon as the tears clear my eyes ('sniff')
RonB