On off-topic topics.

Page 1 of 2
I know that there are a lot of people with nothing else to do in their petty little lives, but why can't they understand that this is a forum for woodworking topics? Are they really that stupid that they can't understand that, or are they just of a nature [OK, rednecks] to not give a damn about anything except their 'right' to do as they please, hiding behind their keyboards?
This could be an excellent forum for discussion on topics related to woodworking, except that's its inundated with morons who can't make adult decisions. They also don't have the intelligence to start their own separate newsgroups, so I guess we'll just have to put up with them as we do with other infants.
Not to worry. The only people insulted by these comments are the ones they refer to, and it might take a day or two for them to realise that.
Bill.

If it bothers you so much, get lost.
Sincerely, Frank
On Sat, 22 May 2004 01:24:24 GMT, "Frank Ketchum"

Well, OK, not quite a day or two.
Bill.
You seem to be a member of the group to which you yourself refer - and don't realise it...sigh.

"Bill Rogers" wrote in message

I'd almost agree with you ... if it wasn't for the fact that among the many things worse than a thread marked "OT" is a moderator wannabe.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/15/04
Bill Rogers wrote:

It's the B.S. off topic garbage that is coming from the trolls. They just hooked me, I guess. Check back a few posts to see that I don't usually send these messages, but have sent a lot of useful info ...if you can find it among the OT garbage that is.
Don't worry. If I was really a troll, I'd keep at it. I made this one mention, that's all, and I'm done. I just reserve the equal right to speak, if only once, on what is spoiling this otherwise excellent newsgroup with great people and great contributors. It's like a friggin fungus. It just keeps growing until it drowns out anything useful.
Now I'm done.
Bill.
Good.
> I made this

<snip>

Well, Bill, as you have discovered, you can certainly reserve the right to speak out against the fungus (I like the simile, BTW), but it is seriously politically incorrect to exercise that right. Why, you might even be suspected of having mod***tor-like tendencies.
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA
OK, I did a quick search and that seemed to be the only post like this under this screen name. It does bug me when the OT posts are just meant to incite flame wars, but if an OT post is something useful or helpful (lunar clocks) it's more easily tolerated. Mark L.
Bill Rogers wrote:

ahem, Bill? Methinks you are adding to the problem you are bitching about. No? I coulda swore you just added to the off topic thread count. I, OTOH, am not getting on a soapbox to complain about off topic postings. Just mentioning to YOU the irony of your post.
dave
Bill Rogers wrote:

"Bay Area Dave" wrote in message ...

It may take him a day or two to realize it.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/15/04
Swingman wrote:

ignore my last question. I hadn't noticed you before this thread; I just now put the group in "Sender" order and see your name popping up all over the place; but in threads I haven't read.
dave
Swingman wrote:

If ya don't like it in here, beat it!
--
Bill

Follow your own advice, Upchuck.
dave
Woodchuck Bill wrote:

I see you are stalking me again on rpd...
dave
Woodchuck Bill wrote:

Like what you're doing to George Preddy in RPD? Don't flatter yourself, Homer. I've been reading both of these groups for years. Then you pop up.
--
Bill

you can't distinguish the difference can you, you MORON! That's his home grounds and EVERYONE has been asking Preddy to provide samples of HIS OWN pictures, which he refuses to do, thus proving him to be the biggest liar to hit the usenet in years...
Try to get your facts straight before writing; as I'm not as dumb as you apparently think I am, MORON!
I was on rpd more than a year ago, MORON!! Before Preddy, even.
dave