OK, wreckers. It's 'fess up time!

Dremel has a neat little saw blade attachment that has a slight ~15° bend in it so the motor portion is up away from the surface. Little pricey though.

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

Man, you said that and didn't I just run into a bunch of Sea Monkeys today.

Pix on ABPW.

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

(webpage)

Reply to
Tom Watson

Or into the storm drain at the end of the driveway... Not that that's what my father taught me to do all those years ago...

And no, I DON'T still do that...

-Keith

Reply to
Keith

Silvan wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

There's the problem. Lose the dogs. Or evict them.

Patriarch, who is, admittedly _not_ a pet person, but still has to feed the @#%^ing cats...

Reply to
Patriarch

Ah, yes, of course. I was thinking the head itself, not the handle. Yup, I've replaced more than a couple handles on BFHs over the years.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Nope, it's a real address. I subscribe to them as a mail filtering service, and they block 99% or so of the incoming spam (and make reporting the rest of it simple).

Response to the other topic is in your email, thanks.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Hinz

That's annoying, isn't it? Last time I was in the market, I took the job I now have (no kidding) but called the other two places I had interviewed with to thank them for their time, and to let them know I had accepted an offer elsewhere. I didn't know if I was still in the running with them or not, but I figured it was worth a phone call as a courtesy. Apparently not many people do that, because they both acted strange when I did it. Maybe they'd already hired and never bothered to call me, though, hard to say.

I now have the name of the place that will take those monitors, so I'm making progress. I also cleared out (let's see) about six square feet of floor space, including a lot of little items that had accumulated. Found a stack of missing CDs (don't ask) and my snap-ring plier set.

Thing with that, is you have to lose a whole weekend to make a couple hundred bucks if you're lucky, arguing with people who want to pay only four dollars for something worth 20, instead of the 5 it's marked at. eBay sometimes, but I've been known to take stuff to work, put up a notice on the trade board saying "first at my desk to take it can have it" for things that are useful, but not to me.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Well, don't get me wrong, I _use_ the computers at home, but I'm not going to go rebuilding kernels for the hell of it to see how it goes. That, after all, is what the lab at work is for. Time to build that FreeBSD mailhub running postfix, I think.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I've got a Vic-20, you want it?

Dave

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Hey now, don't be dis'ing the TRS-80. Sacred ground there.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Thanks for _that_ mental image, Jo4hn. By the way, what's with the speeling?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Pix anywhere?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

That's a good way to go. For my last west coast stint, I took along my PC690, my little PC panel saw, and an old B&D VSR drill

- and rented an unfurnished apartment. I bought two futon sofas and built all the rest of a normal complement of furnishings using (mostly) SPF from a San Jose lumberyard.

Right before I left I posted a notice on the lab bulletin board announcing a "Grand Opening Going Out of Business Sale" with "No money down same as cash". The next morning I helped two young couples I'd worked with load the works (knocked down) into their SUV and van and watched 'em happily drive it all home. One of the other consultant types hauled away my little impromptu three-legged workbench to use in refurbing his sailboat up on the bay.

Made me wish I'd done that on all the trips before. Felt /good/.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Not really, it was the neat gray, rectangular cased C64 portable that was so much fun, you could take it anywhere and play games on the built in 4" monitor. Of course now days I can't even *see* a 4" monitor, let along anything on it.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

You're not alone. I still have my O-1 and have exactly the same problem.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

I made the same purchase. It was a waste of money but I don't think it was quite as bad as you do.

Reply to
Never Enough Money

LOL! I just upgraded to a 21" monitor for that reason. The 19" was getting hard on the eyes.

Reply to
Gino

Huh? What? Who?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I *do* still have an O-1. I had forgotten about that one. I actually built a printer interface for the edge connector and wrote the OS (CP/M) extensions to drive the printer in its various modes. That thing was a brute, but it got me through college. At one time I very seriously considered adding a hard drive to it - $4,000 for a 5 megabyte drive. It seems a bit more reasonable when you consider that a floppy only held 185K IIRC.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass wrote: snip

180K