OK, wreckers. It's 'fess up time!

There was a Morrow, an Adam, and an Eagle out there. Trash 80 too, now that I think of it. I wish I could run bricks on this computer. %-(

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

I wish when my cell phone went off at 1 in the morning it was a wrong number. Time to make the doughnuts!!!

Reply to
Bullwinkle J. Moose

Oh contraire! It was great growing up in the 60's and 70's. Parents had a helluva lot more control, we prayed in school, we recited the Pledge Of Allegiance, kids had no cell phones, no murders in the schools, hell we used pocket knives to sharpen pencils. 70's in high school, during the hunting months, we came to school with our rifles/shotguns hanging in the gun racks in the back windows of our trucks. Yes, it was good back then. Now it sucks. Having a full time police officer on staff, going through metal detectors, not being able to say the Pledge Of Allegiance. Where exactly do you live???? Come on, what we did back then got our asses tanned by the principal, the by our father when we got home. Now, it's a criminal offense to scold the brats at Wal-Mart???? Crawl out from under the rock Tim.

Reply to
Bullwinkle J. Moose

But the C-64 is in the Smithsonian!!!!

Reply to
Bullwinkle J. Moose

We can take in whatever container we have and pour it into their tank.

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

I resemble that remark. Though I can pick up some speed when I want to. Had to do the regular general purpose shopping, instead of just the Daddy shopping I usually do (which usually isn't at Wal-Mart anyway.) I got a lot of looks from people powering down the aisle full throttle and skidding on all the corners. Zero collisions. I wanted to get it the hell over with so I could get some shop time on this glorious 65 degree January day.

And I did, too. Finally tried out my scrapers on that little wild grained maple board end. I guess it's probably what you'd call fiddleback grain. Came out purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrty when I got done. Wow!

Reply to
Silvan

Oh me neither. I haven't been on a date with a guy in yearrrrs.

(That's actually an interesting story.)

Reply to
Silvan

Let me just say "sex, drugs and rock and roll". On a poll of my graduating class 98% said they used drugs. You could probably count the virgins on one hand. Things were pretty much adrift. Most of the restrictions we have today come from the excess of the 60's and 70's. Sure we carried knives to school - and sometimes used them carve on one another.

Some things may be worse today, but I don't see nearly as much of the life-destroying behavior we embraced so enthusiastically back then. I was, quite frankly, lucky to escape my high school years alive. Some of my classmates weren't that lucky.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

Tell me about it! I didn't have a 16 lb. maul, but I did have a wedge and

16 lb. sledge for the big logs that wouldn't split any other way.

I gave that thing to my boss last year, in trade for a computer or something. I can't even swing the damn thing one good time anymore.

I don't feel quite so bad though. We had a neighbor we used to call when we needed to bring some real strength to the table. That guy could split 36" red gum logs in a single swipe all day long. (And we had a LOT of 36" red gum logs that year. Some of which were crotches.)

He just bought one of those wussy hydraulic deals. I guess Father Time is finally kicking him in the ass.

Reply to
Silvan

I think Monsanto (makers of Roundup) is responsible for all this. Ustabe you could just pour a little oil around your driveway to kill the weeds, and maybe light a match for the stubborn ones. Not any more. Now the spotted hoobajooba fish will go extinct if you return a product that came out of the ground back whence it came. :)

Reply to
Silvan

I already got rid of the carpet in all of the above places. In the bathrooms, they had carpet over tile with extremely bad grout. Morons.

I looked at vacuum cleaners today, but fooey. I'd rather save the money toward real floors. I figure if it won't lift a Beetle, or a Unisaw, whichever is heavier, it doesn't have enough power to get anything out of these nasty rags anyway. Beige carpet. Two kids, four dogs. Four dogs that lose 470.7 million tons of hair every 13/256 of a second. I should start making felt hats.

Ain't that always the way? Same thing with boots. I really should start buying two pairs of everything whenever I find something that doesn't suck.

Reply to
Silvan

Upright.

Reply to
Silvan

Yeah, I hate to toss books, but I hadda make room for new ones that will be out of date in three minutes. Which is two minutes longer than the computer they describe.

Reply to
Silvan

But you can.

->apt-cache search bricks

gnome-breakout - Clone of the classic game Breakout, written for GNOME lbreakout2 - A ball-and-paddle game with nice graphics lbreakout2-data - A ball-and-paddle game with nice graphics (DATA FILES)

Or close enough. I'm sure there's got to be something for Windows too.

Reply to
Silvan

Two QUART per week limit? What, do the town planners all drive to work on lawn mowers? :)

Reply to
Silvan

You are so lucky to have things of your grandfather's. When my grandmother moved out of their home years after my grandfather died, my youngest half-sister sister took everything. That, in itself, wasn't so bad, but when she divorced her first husband, he took most of it. When her second husband divorced her, he took the rest. Now the real irony . . . she has two daughters, I have three sons. Seems to me the great-grandsons would have more use for his tools than great-granddaughters (especially the ones in question). Oh, well.

My solution is to watch for estate sales and pick up what I can. My greatest finds of this past year are an old saw with a carved handle which appears to have the original blade ($5) and a pair of ice tongs ($16). The ice tongs will become a towel holder on my patio. The saw has been used but mostly admired. :-)

Sadly, since I live in town, there aren't that many good estate sales; most don't have tools of any substance.

Glenna

Reply to
Glenna Rose

It's like that episode of Futurama...

Leela: Aha! I caught one!

[She reels in an old boot]

Amy: Oh, so this is where you shop for your boots.

[Later...]

Leela: Bingo! Whatever it is it's 20 times heaver than a boot!

[She reels in a crate: Boots - 10 Pairs]
Reply to
Xane T.

Yup. I think I remember that. I used to like that show back when I used to watch TV. Is it still on?

Reply to
Silvan

Be careful with these. Dremel used to make their own metal cutoffs and micro saw blade attatchments, but stopped making them due to liability. They can only be found via third party manufacturers, hobby shops tend to have huge assortments of dremel accessories. Though I think I did see an official dremel saw blade attatchment that came out recently, but it was really small.

Reply to
Xane T.

Cartoon Networks "Adult Swim," 11p S-Th.

Reply to
Charles Krug