OK, wreckers. It's 'fess up time!

That 104 quarts a year. That about 20 oil changes.:)

Reply to
Gino

No problem here. I have computers going back to 1980, all working, 6 oldies in all. Even an old Mac. I collect software on Ebay and as an ole long time pirate myself I have thousands of programs for them.:) It's great fun to fire them up.

Reply to
Gino

I just got rid of a bunch of old stuff. Lunch boxes thru Zenith

286s and the software from DOS 1.05 thru Win 95 upgrade to 98. About 10 DMPs and some old BJs. You shoulda seen my curb. Piles of old books as well.

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax
6 inch Enco POS Jointer. This was actually a gift from SWMBO but the fact that I kept it makes me culpable.

Central Machinery (AKA HF) Mortiser. Bought this on eBay, didn't know about HF at the time and discovered that the combined price of the unit plus shipping exceeded HF price with free shipping. Finally got rid of the POS last year because I had to do some *real* mortising on a cherry bed I was making. Which brings me to the next item...

Delta Mortiser. This thing couldn't cut a 1/2 inch mortise in a cherry bed rail with the riser installed. Even the Delta service people couldn't figure out why. Thankfully Woodworker Supply honored the Delta warranty and gave me a full refund. I learned that I can

*always* rely on my drill and chisel...

Any HF piece of equipment I've bought. I may have finally learned my lesson now that my last piece of HF equipment has died (pancake compressor).

For all those really clever tools I've purchased and not yet used I'm not going to fess up yet - I'm just waiting for the right project... ;-)

TWS

Reply to
TWS

I have the most fun with old 'home' computers. TI994a, Commodore 64, and the portable Tandy 102 are a blast.

Reply to
Gino

Sure, but you have to keep the other two quarts around another week rather than safely dispose of them. Does not make sense. A limit per month may be more practical to keep the commercial guys from using the "free" service.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

"Mark Jerde" wrote in news:EtqBd.18221$2X6.12397@trnddc07:

If you're lucky, and the Army does its part, you'll find that, in about 4 years, the conversations will get a LOT better.

My wife says it's a lot easier to be patient with the kids at this age from hundreds of miles away. Smart woman I married.

Patriarch, who was lucky that, when the cell phone went off at 1 am, it was a wrong number...

Reply to
Patriarch

But then the drivers would have to keep records. I use 2/4 liter milk jugs for my oil.

Get yourself an old chest freezer, cover the outside with some nice cedar boards and a nice sturdy wood top. Place in yard. Now you have instant workbench and lockable storage outside your home, and it looks great as well.

Reply to
Gino

I still have an Autocoder manual around here someplace. Also did a fair amount of machine language programming. Punched paper tape was the medium of choice although patches could be entered in octal via a string if toggle switches and a nixie light display. Gaggers. Fun though. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn
[snip]

Built for comfort, not for speed.

:-) jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Exactly!

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Carpet is good - you can go much longer between vacuuming than between sweeping bare floor. Carpet should, however, be verboten in kitchens, dining areas, and bathrooms.

I think we have a Hoover. Windtunnel or something like that. Bagless with HEPA filter. Excellent machine and cheap enough that if it dies after 5 years I won't even care. Currently had it for almost 3 years and it sucks just as much as it did when we got it. I do need to replace the main filter, but it is washable and a good wash seems to restore it to virtually new condition. Here in the high desert we get a lot of dust (all volcanic in nature and very harsh) and vacuums tend to die young and painfully. This one is a keeper (and so has probably been discontinued by the company, to be replaces with some total piece of junk that I will hurl off a cliff 2 weeks after buying).

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

Nope. No sir! Not me either, never! Not even when I lived on the farm. Wouldn't want to disturb the environment of the barn lot, you know. ;-)

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

Some do, but it has to be in containers no larger than one gallon and clearly labeled "used oil". I'm too unorganized to round up 20 gallon jugs and don't have the time or patience to deal with it. So for now I go to jiffy lube and try to ignore those 5 gal. pails in the shed.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

I'd love to get my hands on an old C64 portable. Wish I'd never lost track of the original.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

I spend a lot of time praying my kids don't *ever* end up as screwed up as I was growing up. Even 1/3 would suck (as you seem to agree). It was not good growing up during the 60's and 70's.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

I cut and sold firewood one summer with a friend. Did some 300 cords. It hurts just thinking about it. I doubt I could even *lift* the 16lb maul we used. Oh, to be 18 again!

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

Is it a tank/canister model? If so, it could be the hose. they wear out, get pin holes and leaks at the fittings.. I just replaced the hose on one of our vacs (Electrolux, $50) and now it sucks like new.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Since you seem to be a collector I tlought I would ask this since I have wondered if it's worth anything. I have a QuadRam board that was made to convert the original IBM PC to work like and run Apple II software. You put it in one of the PC slots, ran some software from the 5 1/2 floppy and you could use any Apple software. Is this worth anything to collectors? Worth listing on eBay, or should I just pitch it? Have the original box and I believe the few cables and things that came with it. Mike in Arkansas

Reply to
Mike in Arkansas

I'm not sure Mike, it's not something I collect. A word to the wise. Watch those old boxes. Some old boxes that computers came in are worth 100x the computer that came in them.

Reply to
Gino