Off Topic: What do you think of my remote start installation?

Page 2 of 4

Oleg Lego wrote:

Easier to move south :)

But then you get snakes! <G>
LLoyd

In Ottawa, our capitol, there are thousands and thousands of snakes...
Robatoy wrote:

And weasels. Don't forget the weasels.
Cheers Trevor Jones

Lemme see...snakes..mmm...pondscum..YES, of course! Weasels!! *slaps self* How could I forget to mention them... (btw, those are the ones who are NOT working for a record company...)
Robatoy wrote:

Don't forget skunks and leeches. Or are they just in Washington?
--
dadiOH
____________________________
on 3/21/2006 3:31 PM Robatoy said the following:

You have THAT many members in your Parliament or are you counting ALL the government workers too?

it
an
These remote start systems incorporate a kill function for just this type of thing or for theft prevention. You have to insert the key and turn it to the normal run position to do anything. Simply stepping on the brake pedal is usually enough to kill the engine.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Leon wrote:

A properly installed remote vehicle starter automatically locks the doors when it is started. It will not start an automatic transmission equipped vehicle if the vehicle is not in park. If installed on a manual transmission vehicle, the remote starter will not operate if the gear shift is not in neutral and the hand brake applied. Also, when you unlock the doors and get inside while the engine is running without the key inserted in the ignition switch, moving the shifter, or touching the brakes, will shut the engine off, and the key has to be inserted to start the car normally. You can not operate the vehicle if the key is not inserted. Of course, the kid may have the key, but then, the remote starter is not a factor in what happens next.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

It prevents you from being killed by an explosive based mob hit.
Unless they wire it to the headlight switch or the back up lights
Gunner

Professionals don't use electric caps, they wrap a fuse around the exhaust manifold which will light up at high speed. If you survive the boom you still have to survive the crash ;)
--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/

Humm. I suspect that Most professionals wire the car to explode when the key is turned. Most professionals that do this kind of stuff work in the entertainment industry. :~)

Hey! I resemble that remark! (and I've never _deliberately_ blown up a car... we won't talk about the 'accidents' <G>)
LLoyd

Ah! thats not one Ive seen before. Very good!
Gunner
wrote on Tue, 21 Mar 2006 05:40:58 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :

    Brakes might work too. Or the horn. (When I was in Egypt, I learned that a lot of the taxis had chirping bird horns wired into the brake lights. Step on the brakes and birds start chirping. "Cool," I thought, after I was pulled out of the street by Rafti and he then explained the practice.)
    Of course, I recall placing ... never mind :-)
tschus pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich.

Good to know. ;~)
Gunner wrote:

Damn, there goes our plan to stop him from x-no-archiving his articles!
--

FF

P.S. Thanks for the tip about the lights.

It detonates bombs rigged to explode when you start the car without your being in the driver's seat.
Leon wrote:

Leon wrote:

It automatically turns on his dust collection system everytime SWMBO goes shopping.
--

FF

NOW I am getting some good answers, LOL