obsolete metabo 3 wheel bandsaw model without a motor

i friend gave me this saw. i dont know anything about it. all it says on it is metabo and "nur im langsamen gang sgen" which when i translated i got "only in the slow course saw" im looking for information about the the saw: the throat capacity, max height it can cut, what blades it can take, where to get blades for it, what is the reccomended motor power and speed to use with it, a copy pf the machines manual, etc. the place where the motor can be attached has a 12 pointed star shape. to see pictures go to: http://hs.facebook.com/album.php?aid=36&id=1158480002 T.I.A ~B
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

Ah, yes -- this bandsaw needs to be driven by a Metabo mains powered drill. You take the chuck off and slide the drill into that collar around the 12 point star - the large hex nut that normally sits behind the chuck on a Metabo drill will engage the drive of your attachment bandsaw. Unfortunately they did change the size of the hex at one point as well as the size of the collar! The pro drills have a bigger collar than the home handyman ones, and you may need to fit an adapter ( a bush for the hex, or a nylon ring for the collar). The reference to the slow sawing would apply to the speed setting on the drill: virtually all Metabo drills have a mechanical gearbox where you can dial slow (turtle) or fast (hare) - they want you to use low gear (German: "Gang" can mean a course of a meal, but also a gear (car, machinery) or a walk).
For further info, it's possible that Metabo has joined forces with Makita, (or was that Dolmar?) ... but I am pretty sure they will have a distributor in your country.
On the whole I reckon: don't bother. I've had one or three of those home handyman drill attachments (presents from my non-tool-using father) and they are not up to doing anything serious with. Even a 50 dollar tabletop Ryobi b/s can probably do a better job (and I despise Ryobi). Metabo pro tools are absolutely top of the line, but as far as I know they've given up on those attachments as a lost cause, years ago. Doubtful you'll get parts unless it's old stock.
(your link to pictures is useless b.t.w. since it requires a login)
h.t.h. -Peter
-- ========================================= firstname dot lastname at gmail fullstop com