Oak or Maple for Cabinet legs

I'm trying to bring an old woodrail pinball machine, '55 Williams Three Deuces, back to life. Unfortunately, the wooden legs that came with the game aren't the correct ones. Rather than trying to modify the legs I have to work, requires drilling out the bolt holes, I'm looking at making my own.
The finished dimensions of the legs are 34 1/2"(l) x 2 1/4"(d) x 1 3/4"(w). The top 6 1/2" inches of each leg is v-grooved to sit on the corner of the cabinet. The legs are held to the cabinet with 2 - 3/8"x16, 3 1/2" bolts. There is a 1/8" bolt that goes across the width of the leg about halfway down the notch which I suspect is used to keep the leg from cracking vertically along the v-grove. The bottom of the legs is drilled out to accept leg levelers. The cabinet weighs about 250lbs. I'd probably be finishing the legs with Varathene.
I'm on the west coast of Canada so it's easier, and cheaper, to get Western(Big Leaf) Maple(Acer macrophyllum), than Eastern Hard Maple(Acer saccharum) or any of the Oaks.
My big concern is with the legs bowing or splitting over time and hence am coming to the group to get some guidance as to which wood to use for the legs.
Comments?
Thanks in advance,
Alfred

I think you are only going to be concerned with the appearance. Both are strong woods and neither in my experience has more of a tendency to warp or bow over the other. Go with your gut.
Thanks.
Alfred