Oak Crown Molding on Painted Walls

I am curious to solicit the group's opinion on whether putting oak CM on painted walls would look odd.
I always thought oak CM would make a nice transition from a panelled wall to a painted ceiling. But what about a painted wall (e.g. dark) to a light-colored ceiling? Is that a design faux pas?
Most of the CM in my home is painted white, transitioning to the flat white ceiling.

You should go straight to the ultimate authority on the matter. Have you asked your wife? Art
Buck Turgidson wrote:

What color are the walls?
--

dadiOH