crown molding???

can anyone tell me what the going install price would be for installing 4

1/2" oak stained crown molding in a bathroom? Approx. 50 sq. ft.

Thanks Rich

Reply to
EvoDawg

Oak stained as opposed to real oak? They go by linear feet, not square feet.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

no real oak stained and sorry I meant linear feet not sq.ft.

Reply to
EvoDawg

I assume you mean 50 linear feet.

Is it to be stained in the shop or on the wall? Or is it pre stained.

Installs --

I pay two dollars a linear foot plus five dollars a mitre (ie $10 per corner). But your job is much too small to price that way.

Figure a decent wage is $300 a day for an experienced finisher. Probably a day .. plus his time looking at the job. More if he is finishing it in the shop and then transporting it. .

If you pay less than $300, you're getting either a bargain or a hack.

Ken

Reply to
bambam

thanks Ken for the feed back