O/T: Knee Jerk

Page 5 of 8

But, somehow, that doesn't keep you from posting.
HeyBub wrote:

Finding north is easy. Obtaining permanent residency is harder--the draft dodgers applied for political asylum but since there's no draft anymore that approach doesn't work.

I suspect that most of them are actively living out their lives as our current crop of politicians.

One Americanadian (Ignatieff) is trying to become PM. I'm no Harper fan, but IggyPop is no alternative.

I agree. I've never be remotely interest in the Conservatives, but the 'leaders' of the Liberals for the past several years have been lacking in everything I'd consider necessary to be a leader of our country.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/opinions/on-many-vital-issues-the-ndp-have-been-on-the-mark/article1299104 /
;-)

of other people. But they are not a get-out-of-jail-free card to pillage your neighbors. A gentleman asks for help politely and is grateful when it is given. A spoiled child demands what they want and curses their benefactor. I'd say your predominant disability isn't physical, it's moral.
Wow! You have turned your ugliness inside-out for all to see. Do you kill children for not picking up their socks? What deep-rooted hatred you live with, day after day. I have been reading your commentaries for some time, and frankly I have been amused by them. This last little diatribe is not funny. It is deep-down ugly. You'll be in my prayers, Tim, because somebody has to help you out of that pit you're in. Such a soiled black soul is sad to see.
Robatoy wrote:

I see that (once again) you have no meaningful counterpoint.

No. But I insist that they be responsible in cleaning up after themselves. They don't get to say, "Because my socks are dirty, it's Bobby's responsibility next door to pick them up."
Don't you think it's a tad condescending on your part to equate the disabled with children? I equated the *behavior* of "Gimme, gimme, gimme" of Upscale and his ilk as that of a spoiled child - which it is. I would never stoop so low as you and declare the disabled as children prima facia ... and you're going to lecture me on manner .. astonishing.

I live with deep-rooted reason. I hate no one. I love a few. I don't trust the masses or the government. I will be no one's willing slave. I am happy to help those genuinely in need as I am able.

You're attempt at amused condescension fails because in all that time, you've yet to make a case for your defense of theft.

It is indeed ugly - because it is sadly so true. Need does not constitute a moral claim on other people. You, Upscale, and the rest of the defenders of theft can tapdance, play your personal attack misdirection game, and generally behave noxiously, but it does not change the aforementioned truth. Your need, no matter how real, does not mean you suddenly haver permission to steal from everyone around you. Worse still, you defend such theft on the one hand, and then curse the very victims of your predation. So along with stealing, you also are ungrateful with really bad manners.

Does your 'prayer' involve sacrificing helpless animals, I wonder ...

[snipped more of Tim's demonic soul-less banter]
Discussing ANYthing with you impossible as you have no ability to see anything through anyone else's eyes. Tim's view is the only view. Period. You are a very disturbed creature, Tim.
You can bend, twist, and flap in any direction you want, tossing up straw-men by the truckload, but for you to accuse anybody of misdirection is the best laugh I had all day.
Your arguments cannot follow a straight line. You have to keep taking detours to your stock-piles of hurtful vitriol in order to feel like you are making a case for yourself. Your venomous words are way more disgusting than a simple 'fuck you' would ever be. You get all offended by people using language THEIR way...yet you continue to skewer people with YOUR vile disgusting language. Do you honestly think you have advantage by not using curse words? Is that all you can hide behind?.."oh nooooo Rob cussed at meeeeeee...MOMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"
Grow the fuck up, asshole. And stop trying to baffle people with your bullshit, straw-men and out-right lies.
There... that is English...now go whine somewhere else, Now apologize to Upscale or I'll ride your ass like a new bride.
:-)
Robatoy wrote:

I keep telling you that I am not interested even slightly in your homo-erotic fantasies.
I also have nothing whatsoever to apologize for.

No, ..YOU just made that leap.

bladder full of hot air.
Robatoy wrote:

You're the one that used children as an analogy for the disabled, not me.

Actually, it is a conspiracy to commit theft wherein the moochers higher the government thugs to do their stealing for them. I stand corrected.
Tim Daneliuk wrote:

Err, make that "hire"
Tim Daneliuk wrote:

True, but a non sequitur.

This is an ugly accusation made, so far as I can determine, without justification.

This appears to be a strawman argument, where you fabricate and project a mindset and then castigate it as if it were not your own.

Perhaps, but a person who demands a public declaration of gratitude for a gentlemanly act is, in my opinion, unworthy of being considered a gentleman.

Another non sequitur.

I'd say you owe Upscale an apology.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Morris Dovey wrote:

It is quite to the point. Upscale and his fellow travelers have repeatedly defended a system that takes from some to give to others. They've also consistently held that a person's genuine need - say, for example, a physical disability - morally justifies such wealth redistribution. Such redistributive schemes do indeed benefit some people, but they always to so to the *detriment* of others, thereby undermining one of their core freedoms - the freedom to dispose of their legitimately acquired property as THEY see fit.

Go back and read the last year of just Upscale's foaming vitrol alone. Filter out the neverending ad hominem stuff and the profanity - which will leave about 5% of the text. What you see is a regular and reoccurring defense of "If I need it, I'm (morally) entitled to support my government taking it from other citizens." I have said repeatedly that making use of a system you're forced to participate in is no foul. But intentionally supporting such a system of theft is a moral foul.

Again, I encourage you to go back and read some of the nonsense that spews for from this individual. Beyond the personal vitriol, bad manners, foul language, and lack of argumentative clarity, there is a clear unceasing drumbeat of "I need it, so I'm entitled to it."

I agree. Demanding such a declaration would be bad and I was thus not doing so. I was defining the word for someone that has among the worst personal manners and disposition in these debates and apparently is unacquainted with the concept of gentlemanly behavior.

Hardly.
I'd say you've not being paying attention. A physical disability is no one's fault (ordinarily). A moral one is. I have been regularly personally cursed for not supporting his thieving worldview. He celebrates a kind of moral malignancy and I finally decided to call it what it was. Notice that I attacked not the man as an individual, but his bad *ideas* (because they are immoral), and defending such *is* a moral "disability." I did not swear at him, tell him he was useless, or otherwise impugn him as a person. I attacked an observable set of ideas that he clings to and defends. He, by contrast, is unable to express himself except in personal attack and profanity. This is because his *ideas* are indefensible and he knows it. Go back and reread just this thread and get back to be about who ought to be apologizing to whom.

> Tim Daneliuk =A0 =A0 snipped-for-privacy@tundraware.com
> PGP Key: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0http://www.tundraware.com/PGP /
On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 07:58:42 -0400, Upscale wrote:

Your immigration quota for retirees who aren't rich is zero :-).
And yes, I understand the reasons.

HeyBub wrote:

That much you got right.
Tim Daneliuk wrote:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/041b5acaf5/protect-insurance-companies-psa?rel=player

Find another employer. I've never had any issues anywhere close to that. In-plan or out-of-plan, certainly, but that's my choice.

Moving to Canuckistan? No. Changing insurance companies, yes even if it means changing employers.