O/T: Knee Jerk

Page 2 of 8
On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 21:01:20 -0500, Tim Daneliuk

You are a selfish bastard.
Since you cannot be trusted to be otherwise, we ensure that you are forced to contribute to the common good.
If I had my way, I'd send your sorry ass back to Russia.
Regards,

Uh-oh.. Tom said 'ass'. My be some kinda fukkin librul....
Robatoy wrote:

Hey, did you ever try that cure I suggested? It would really help you ...

> Tim Daneliuk =A0 =A0 snipped-for-privacy@tundraware.com
> PGP Key: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0http://www.tundraware.com/PGP /

I'm glad you think so much of Tim's article to repost it. The part you added is most refreshing.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

'Certainly one of the most coherent and thoughtful of his postings ...
Tom Watson wrote:

I am neither.

As all good mobs with pitchforks do ...

They wouldn't have me - I'm not from there.
The real answer is remove bureaucratic impediments to interstate

Jeffrey Skilling may be looking for work, once he is paroled.

Tim, how old is your mother? Is she on Medicare? Why is she entitled to it?
Buck Turgidson wrote:

People who paid into the existing system have a reasonable right to expect they will get back what they put in. But the system today pays out far, far more than the recipients every put in. The system is iniquitous and should never have been implemented in the first place - it is a ponzi scheme the like of which Madoff would only have dreamed. The way you get out of it is by diminishing benefits 4% per year for the next 25 years until it is gone entirely. Retire today, get full benefits for life. Retire next year, get 96% benefits, and so on.
This is bad logic: The government screwed up social services for the last 60 years - let's have them do more of it.

If it never should have been implemented, then urge your mother to swear it off, and you pay for her healthcare out-of-pocket.
Put your money where you mouth is.
Buck Turgidson wrote:

You seem unclear on the concept. People have a legitimate right to those things to which they have contributed, even if they were forced to do it. The problem is that the political swine have been handing out more and more "benefits" without taxing to pay for them. So, the system does not work. It is mathematically impossible. Social entitlements now consume 1/2 of the U.S. Federal budget in their current form and they are destroying the economic future of the next several generations. Adding government healthcare for everyone to the mix would add another *$1 Trillion* approximately to the debt. At current rates - WITHOUT healthcare added - the debt is already slated to be equal to the entire GDP of the US by around 2015 or so This is not a controversial view, it is simply a matter of fact.
The problem is that the "I need something, therefore I am entitled to it" crowd lack the brains and integrity to do even a minor examination of the financial reality that the progressive piglets created over the last 60 years. Picking people pockets is bad enough, but now we're proposing to pick the pockets of people yet to be born. Why? So the revolting 60s generation that is now retiring - that has the largest aggregate savings of any generation in U.S. history - can retire, spend their money as they wish, and have everyone else pay for their healthcare. Don't ever kid yourself, this whole government healthcare business hasn't got that much to do with the poor un/under-insured. It has everything to do with the retirees wanting what they never paid for or saved for theselves. This IS a class war - beetween my future grandchildren and the smelly hippies that are now dropping out of the workforce.

I do - on a regular basis. I just don't fund moochers, whiners, or thieves voluntarily.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tim Daneliuk snipped-for-privacy@tundraware.com PGP Key: http://www.tundraware.com/PGP /
To extend the Madoff analogy, as long as you're sure you'd get YOUR money back (with 11% interest of course), it's ok to invest with him, even if you knew he was a phony?
I doubt you or your mother will ever put into Medicare what you'll take out. So isn't it hypocritical to participate in the program?
Are you funding your own healthcare needs for your retirement?
Buck Turgidson wrote:

No because I'd be voluntarily supporting fraud. But in the case of government-run Ponzi schemes, I don't have the choice to make it voluntary. I am compelled to do so if I earn income (and earning income is necessary for survival - unless you're an ACORN client, welfare queen, or other inter-generational moocher).

As I said, the problem is that I don't have the choice. Participating in the system as it is while simultaneously working to repeal it is about the best you can do. The alternative is to be forced to pay into a system and get NOTHING back, which just adds insult to injury. I get that retired folk want what they believe they've paid for. I am merely pointing out that the system has now become a runaway freightrain that is flatly unsustainable. Only college students or foolish ideologues refuse to live in the world as it is.

To the best of my ability yes. But considering that my net tax burden (state, local, federal, excise, sin taxes, etc.) on a middle class income is approaching 50%, it's hard to save a lot and live - and I do not live excessively by pretty much any reasonable definition. But, I have been saving for retirement since I was 28 and continue to do so now, if that's your question. If that's not enough when the time comes, I don't think it morally entitles me to pick your pocket. I'll have to (politely) ask for voluntary charity. If that fails, I'll become fertilizer a bit earlier than I'd like.

Do us all a favour and move that time line up substantially, will you? With all the bullshit you spew you're likely to exfoliate everybody else in rec.woodworking long before you manage to do the same to yourself.
Tim, thanks for being a good sport and sharing your opinion with us, predictable as it is.
You may want to work on mental agility, as you seem to have a certain rigidity in your though process.
Perry Aynum wrote:

that passes for commentary these days.

Oh fur chrissakes don't get him fomenting....
Robatoy wrote:

I love you man ...