non professional wants chinese mitre saw or similar

Hi, i live in north london u.k. and have a lot of cupboard work to do in a spare bedroom and want to buy a compound mitre saw.
I am not a professional, but i do appreciate a bit of quality in tools, but do not want to pay out top money for very limited use.
I wonder if there is any chinese made stuff readily available that is good to buy? i know in the argos catalogue they have a 'Challenge Xtreme ' compound sliding mitre saw for 149. ( and a small Challenge bench table saw for 39). are they any good?
thanks for any advice on what to buy in my circumstances.