NFilter & WinXP?

I went to the Nfilter link to install it and I find no reference to it working with WinXP. Does anyone have it running OK on XP?

ELA

Reply to
ELA

Sorry, don't use XP ... but I do have a couple of other questions about nFilter before I try it:

  1. Will nFilter work if you have to use a password for a commercial news service?
  2. If so, how do you configure it to logon with a password?

I don't see either question answered in the FAQ.

Thanks.

Reply to
Swingman

Works fine with XP Pro

TinWoodsmn

Reply to
TinWoodsmn

Yes.

Configure Lookout Exploit as you would normally, with the exception of using "localhost" as your NNTP server name. Then configure nFilter with the name of your NNTP server. OE will pass the authentication to nFilter, which will in turn log you in to your news server.

...at least that's how I do it. YMMV :)

Rob

Reply to
Rob Walters

Excellent, and thanks!

Downloaded it last week ... fixing to install it and fire it up. Looks like David E. needs to update the FAQ filters on a daily basis. :(

Reply to
Swingman

It works fine with a password. Just point NFIlter at your news server, and change your news reader to use localhost as the server. Leave the username/password the same as it is now. Nfilter just passes it along to the real news server.

-David

Reply to
david