new website for wood craftpersons

That last may be the funniest single sentence I've read on this newsgroup. Maybe, ever.

I still think it's really a girl who draws little hearts over her "I"s when she writes in her diary. At least I hope so, 'cause the other option isn't pretty.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Baglio

Okay.. first of all you can all stop this trying to tear me apart... Yes I did use FrontPage.. so what.. I have been using it since 98.. and I don't sit in a dark room doing this. I run another very successful site for listing catteries,, that is where people list the pedigree cats for sale.. I have had over 40,000 visitors to this site... Stupid me for trying to do the same here.. And I am not a woman I am a man 60 years of age.. who has retired from the Government and wished to continued doing something in life.. other than trying to tear people apart.. which it seems it the nature of this forum.. forgive me for being here.. had I known what some of you were like I would not have done so. I asked in the beginning for your kind attention to the site because I really appreciate some of the work I have seen by the craftsman here. I also offered a free listing to anyone who contacted me.. so no one did.. okay fine.. I also have a message board.. don't want to use it fine.. I also offer free association and club listing, don't want to use it, fine. But it is still available.. I will not post here ever again and you guys can wait for another poor sucker to tear apart which seems to be the nature of a lot of you.. The web stays up and improvements will be made. . oh yes my email address is snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net

"Michael Baglio @nc.rr.com>" >

Reply to
ljr

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 14:39:03 GMT, Michael Baglio brought forth from the murky depths:

So this guy fits Keeter's idea of the usual web designer, does he?

---------------------------------------------------------------- "Let's sing praise to Aphrodite ||

She may seem a little flighty, || Full Service Websites but she wears a green gauze nighty, || PHP Applications And she's good enough for me." || SQL Database Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Dude! Don't get your panties in a twist!

  1. You never explained who you are or why you jumped from helping cat-freaks to woodworkers. Are you a woodworker? Are you interested in woodworking? We don't know because you never properly introduced yourself leaving us to guess as to your motivation. Your post said "Stupid me for trying to do the same here". But why are you trying to do the same here?

  1. You went ahead and built it first without ever having posted here before to even ask if there was a market for your offering. Which, if there was, it has already been filled by any number of established, reputable sites.

  2. You charge way too much for what we would be getting. Not to mention half the full rate for every single change over 3 within a one year time frame. A year is a very long time in the sales world. There are many more than 3 holidays within a year that may mean discount pricing changes.

  1. Settle down, Beavis! I never said that you "were" a spammer, only that you "could" be. Fine, you're not one. You are a fine up-standing citizen who only wants to help out. Good for you.

  2. You asked for opinions. Be careful what you ask for. If you had ever bothered to visit here before or at least read some of the posts in this (or any other group or forum for that matter) then you would have expected, or at least would not have been surprised, if the response was not all flowers and sunshine. Maybe that's how it is in rec.catfancy or whatever, but it ain't like that here (or any other woodworking forum I have ever seen). What is it lawyers say? "Don't ask a question unless your sure that you know what the answer is going to be." You should have done you due-diligence and homework as to what sort of response you could expect.

...and...

  1. I think that, in light of all of this, you owe the folks here an apology for your generally poor attitude. You should have been more forthcoming and honest about just how you decided to come to our rescue. You have generalized some responses as a reflection on all who come here. Not fair to the vast majority who have not even posted to this thread.

Good day. I said Good Day, sir!

codepath

Reply to
codepath

What do you mean "trying"?

Nova

Dunno, why don't you post a scan of a page from *your* diary so we can all make an accurate assessment? ;-)

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

[entire whiney-post snipped]

Okay, you've had your say, now you can listen.

You barged in here unanounced hawking your website at $75 per. Bad-- really bad-- move. You are a _spammer._

You, (who claim to have been a "professional" web designer since '98), not only bludgeoned your way through the rec.ww faq, (which you and I both know you've _never_ bothered to read, but you pretty much broke _every_ rule of common usenet ettiquette, with the possible exception of calling O'Deen a hermaphroditic Nazi. Which he isn't, so good for you, 'cause he's _huge._

Damn. Where was I? Oh yeah...

You are a _SPAMMER._

Get it yet? If you don't, you've just _proved_ you're not what you claim, because _NO_ newsgroup not dedicated to same welcomes unsolicited commercial postings. And anyone with your vaaaaast experience would know that. Unless you maybe kinda don't reeely have that much vast experience.

So, either you didn't know, which means your clueless and not what you claim or you did know and don't farking care-- you just want to hawk your website. Either way, you're a liar.

Congrats. You've just promoted yourself from spammer to lying spammer. Pathetic-lying-spammer if you count the part about the "Oh poor me, I'm 60 and just trying to do whatever I can to help the poor woodworkers out there eke out a meager living and now the meanies on that newsgroup are telling me I'm not supposed to do that and they are hurting both of my feeeeeelings."

Quit while you're behind. Or don't. Just stop doing it here. And stop making us out to be the bad guys for calling you on your crap.

Michael Thank God it's Friday. Who's on this next week?

Reply to
Michael Baglio

ROTFLMAO!! You don't contribute here nearly often enough.

More like half-vast, wouldn't you say? :-)

Doug Miller
[Begin parody; infomercial voice off]

Hello all,

I am a complete and total stranger on the Internet. I have never been here before, but considering that you are all wooddork--er--ahem--woodworkers, I figured that I "wood" come to your resque by offering you your very own World Wide Web page.

All you have to do is send me a wad of money (cash only please) to my post office box (in a plain brown envelope). In return, I promise that I will make a space for you on my broke-dick web site. You'll love the popup navigation system that I created. If at anytime within the next 10 years you need to update a picture or change a price, I'll only charge you and additional 90% of the original price. And, if you act now, for another 50 bucks I'll add a very annoying MIDI background song. Choose from "Axel's Theme" from the movie '48 Hours', "Whip It" by Devo, or anything by Air Supply. Of course, all text will be center justified, flashy-blinky. And don't forget the Punch Monkey. People Love that.

Sure it's buffugly to look at and half the links don't work and there is not a database within a 12 mile radius, but trust me folks. I am a perfessional web site builder.

Just see what I have done at

and
It's so obvious why I chose woodworking as my next target--er--ahem--endeavor.

So what are you waiting for? Act now before the FTC, BBB, Dept. of Commerce and the State's Attorney General shuts me down! I--er--ahem--You won't be sorry!

DISCLAIMER: This site is in no way, shape or form associated, affiliated or even linked with Microsoft Corp or their wretched software. (Actually I created it with FrontPage 2000 running on Windows 98.

Disclaimer does not cover misuse, accident, lightning, flood, tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, earthquake, hurricanes, or other acts of God, neglect, damage from improper use, incorrect line voltage, unauthorized use, unauthorized repair, improper installation, typos, broken antenna or marred cabinet, missing or altered serial numbers, electromagnetic radiation from nuclear blasts, sonic boom vibrations, customer adjustments that are not covered in this list, and incidents owing to an airplane crash, ship sinking or taking on water, motor vehicle crashing, dropping the item, falling rocks, leaky roof, broken glass, disk failure, accidental file deletions, mud slides, forest fire, hitting of a deer, milk coming out of your nose due to laughing while drinking, or projectiles, which can include, but are not limited to, arrows, bullets, BBs, shrapnel, lasers, napalm, torpedoes, emissions of X-rays, Alpha, Beta and Gamma rays, knives, stones, etc.

This disclaimer may not be copied or reproduced in any form without the expressed written consent of whoever I stole it from.

This is intended for the limited use and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is not authorized (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas.

Unless the word "absquatulation" has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or no grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the transmission of this email, although the kelpie next door is living on borrowed time, let me tell you.

Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards, so just ignore that Alert Notice from Microsoft.

However, by pouring a complete circle of salt around yourself and your computer you can ensure that no harm befalls you and your pets.

If you have received this email in error, please add some nutmeg and egg whites, whisk and place in a warm oven for 40 minutes.

Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. Subject to CAB approval. This is not an offer to sell securities. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only. Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your physician. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Simulated picture. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Please remain seated until the ride has come to a complete stop. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Colors may fade. We have sent the forms which seem right for you. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool; process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. At participating locations only. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Your canceled check is your receipt. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Limited time offer, call now to ensure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. No purchase necessary. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in a well-ventilated area. Keep away from fire or flames. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. No Canadian coins. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No alcohol, dogs or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Restaurant package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free number before digging. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Unix is a registered trademark of AT&T. Do not fold, spindle or mutilate. No transfers issued until the bus comes to a complete stop. Package sold by weight, not volume. Your mileage may vary.

This supersedes all previous notices.

[End parody; infomercial voice off]

"Doug Miller" wrote in message news:N6cQb.3639$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr26.news.prodigy.com...

Reply to