New screw head type

Page 1 of 2
Hi,
I was flipping through a magazine last week and saw an advertisement on a new type of screws. It's like a Robertson head but actually it's got two square heads within each other.
Does someone here can point me out either to the magazine I saw it in or better to their website (if they have one).
Thanks in advance for any help.
Greg D.

mcfeelys.com might be a useful starting place.

There's an ad in Woodworker's Journal for "Lox" . try: www.lox.com
I think it's all part of a conspiracy to sell more screwdrivers. <BG>
Max

Heh... did you try the 'virtual test?' I want to know what kind of virtual wood they used.. I have never seen any wood that a #8 Robertson couldn't drive into! :)
Drew Read
Must be "hard" wood....
BruceT

So where's the ad for bagels?
--
Contentment makes poor men rich. Discontent makes rich men poor.
--Benjamin Franklin

I have seen them. I believe that they are regular square drive rejects. They were double stamped and the screw turned slightly on the second stamp. ;~)

drive won't fit.

I wonder if they will offer an undersized driver for the galvanized screws like McFeeleys does.

They are actually Canadian made by a GRK with a "torx" drive head (http://www.grkfasteners.com /). We've been using them for years since discovering them at the Homebuilders show back in the late 90s. In Houston, Circle Jerk errr, Circle Saw is the only retail source we've been able to find for them though, ironically enough, I've had no problem getting them at small town "Do-It-Best" Lumber and Hardware centers. They are an extremely tough (hardened) screw with good corrosion resistance. I can count on one hand the number of heads I have snapped over the last eight or nine years. We hang a lot of cabinets with them but like them especially when there are framing members to add and no room for a nailer. And, I do believe McFeeley's has started carrying them. Locally they run around $6/lb +/- .
--
"New Wave" Dave In Houston