Need parts for JET bandsaw

Hi -

The bearing ring directly behind the bandsaw blade froze on my JET JWBS-14 bandsaw yesterday. It has happened before and I was able to lube it a little and get some more life out of it. But now it's locked tight - time for new parts. Where is the best place to obtain replacement parts for this saw?

Thanks in advance ...

Les

Reply to
LesT

Any bearing supply shop should be able to provide you with a duplicate.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Les, If it is the bearing that the blade 'bears against' when cutting, you might want to investigate a 'Ceramic' replacement.

Like the 'Ceramic' guides that have become so prevalent, they seem to be in almost every 'Woodworking Supplies' catalog . . . about $15. At that price they are worth a try. I've already switched my blade guides, when the time comes I'll be switching that part, as well.

Regards & Good Luck, R>

SNIP

Reply to
Ron Magen

Anywhere that sells bandsaws. It's a common model and almost identical copies are sold under rmany names. The bearing is seen as a consumable and should be common.

You might not find it in a bearing shop, if it's the one I think. Is the rim "raised", compared to a standard pattern bearing?

Reply to
Andy Dingley

If that happens to mine, Carter here I come. :-) Try Highland Hardware.

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

Highland Hardware has thrust bearings for $15 per set.

Reply to
Lowell Holmes