Need Jointer Suggestions

Hello all,
My father has insisted on buying me a new jointer for my shop. I have plenty of space, electricity and a budget of about $1500. So far, I've looked at the Delta DJ-20, but I'm new to the jointer arena and could use some advice.
Any suggestions are welcome!
-Mike
On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 09:23:03 -0700, "Michael Pio"

Look no further.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
I just bought a YORKCRAFT 8 inch jointer and find it to be excellent in every respect! The cost was less than half your budget including shipping.

Read the OP's messages again, and look at the probable motivation on the part of the father. While no one wants to overspend, there seems to be more going on here than "what's the best value in a jointer?"
Patriarch, who enjoys using tools his grandfathers have passed down, and hopes that his grandchildren have the same privileges, when the time comes...

1) Remember June 20th... 2) The DJ-20 and the Powermatic get great reviews. 3) Size matters - bigger is better. 2) You'll not be disappointed with the DJ-20 1) Remember June 20th...

I hear ya! Thanks for the reminder...

With that kind of budget I would be looking into spiral head cutters as well.
Todd L <---- rookie but hear good things about them

If you don't want it, just say NO!. Be insistent and don't let your father badger you into doing something you don't want. Stand up for your rights! Refuse him.
And then tell Dad I send him my love. Ed
Heh...this is the tool I've been most wanting for years. I think my father is trying to give me some early inheritance, but funny thing....he didn't mention anything about you, Ed ;-)
wrote in message

father
Hi brother Mike, I have been looking for my real family for many years now. I have finally found you and dear old Dad. I'm sure we'll get along just great, sharing that shiny new DJ 20......... Mark L.
P.S. That is the right machine and the right budget for a good jointer. Let us know what happens.
Michael Pio wrote:

Well hello, Brother Mark. Strangely, dad never mentioned you. Can I see some ID ;-)
-brother mike

use