Help identifying my new/old jointer

Hi all. Its been a long time since I have posted anything but I am back in my woodworking mode again. I just picked up a Delta/Milwaukee/Rockwell 6" jointer tonight and thought that someone might be able to help me identifying it. It is currently too dark to see any model markings on it as I need a new ballast in my shop light. The serial # is ak4816. It is belt driven and has 3 cutting heads. I am really exited I only paid $40 for it. Can't wait to fire it up and make some sawdust. Can anyone help me figure out when it was made and what the model is. telling me where the model # would be helpful, or any help for that matter since i have never had a jointer before. thanks in advance

Petey

Reply to
Petey

I can't help with the particulars, but Norm Abram used a Rockwell jointer in several of the earlier episodes of The New Yankee Workshop. If you go to my website (URL in my sig line), and go to the Norm's Tools area, you will find, under either "Jointers" or "Delta" the jointer in question, and there's a picture. It may not be exactly the one you have, but there's a model number which will give you a head start (by the way, I think Delta/Rockwell's jointers had a 37-xxx format).

Good luck.

Reply to
LRod

Check out OWWM.com and poke around.

This link is an older Delta/Milwaukee 6" from the same site.

O.

Reply to
Mike O.