Need help finding ring-shaped wire clamp

Was wondering if I can find it in the States:
the clamp is a slit ring of may be 4" OD, made out of 1/8 or so, spring-tempered steel. Works wonders when clampling elaborate/intiricate woodwork.
Is used extensively in Russia - this is where I saw it. Doing extensive searches in US catalogs didn't show anything even remotely similar ...
Trying to avoid having to make my own (1/8 drill bent with a home made bender, heat-treated).
The ring has to be as close to ideal circle and be planar to work the best.
snipped-for-privacy@home.net writes:

Something like the fourth item on http://www.fine-tools.com/rahm.htm ?
[...]

Wrong type of steel, not springy enough.
Not at all like this one, no.
Just image 4" diameter perfect circle/ring, made out of piece of 4mm (1/8) or so wire, slit so that ends can be moved apart and the steel, being springy, will try to get the ends together again. Nothing more, nothing less.
Juergen Hannappel wrote:

That's exactly what he showed you, except they are improved and not a full circle. Did you look at the 4th item down from the top?

Not what you are asking for, but I have made similar clamps from a piece of PVC pipe, 4" ID, cut into appo. 1" "slices" then cut once radially so they can be spread open into a "C" shape. I made about 20 of them from a waste piece of pipe I took out of a construction site dumpster.
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland
I'd do a search for hose clamps. Also check the embroidery/ needlepoint areas - I think they use things like that to hold the fabric on the rings. You can buy screw type 4" hose clamps all over, if they would work
On 29 Jun 2005 09:38:53 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@home.net wrote:

You'll get several out of an old bedspring.
John
How about cutting sections of 4" ABS or PVC pipe? Cut out slice for whatever "spring" tension you need and go.
charlie b
How about these...
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product_details.cfm?offerings_ide25 http://www.tools-for-woodworking.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdIDb33
JeffB