Need help finding tool (UK)

I don't even know what they're called. About 6" long and 4" deep. Made up of hundreds of thin steel rods in a row. Push it against a corner or molding or whatever and you get the shape of the portrubance you can then trace to a piece of wood. Someone said it might be called a profiler. Anyway, I can't find one anywhere - not Screwfix, not Machine Mart, not Axminster. Not e-bay. Totally blank stare from the guy at B&Q! (He must have been at least 16.)

Anybody help?

Thanx,

FoggyTown

Reply to
Mike Girouard

Profile Gauge. A couple available at Lee Valley among other places.

Reply to
Paul Kierstead

Reply to
Daniel H

Must be soo foggy you can't see the Axminster catalogue! Have a look at:

GBP in plastic and 8.99 GBP in steel at the moment.

Cheers

Frank

Reply to
Frank McVey

You are looking for a Contour gauge. Home Depot, Lowe's, Northern Tool, and Sears all have them.

Reply to
Leon

Tough to do a product search when you don't know what the product is called! But thanx for the link.

FoggyTown

Reply to
Mike Girouard

Not too helpful for the OP suggesting only North American suppliers when he is clearly from the UK.

But it does help others who read the thread and might want the same thing.

Reply to
Doug Brown